Help for Install

gandia9

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Oct 17, 2007
Time Warner Cable came to the house first for internet and appears to have "claimed" the only line going into the house. It is a new house for us and should have thought about the services installation order. I had dish come out for the install today and said it would be impossible to put lines where I want them (bedroom and living room), without some serious holes put into the outside of the house. It is a large house and there would be quite a bit of co-ax wire running on the outside walls if we did that. Any one know of a MASTER installer in the Austin area who can make magic things happen? I really want dish and soon. Any help or ideas?

No magic is gonna happen without wires on the outside or paying to pull new wires inside, which depending on construction may involve cutting and patching drywall. You might be able to put a hopper in someplace and then wirelessly connect a joey.

My sister and brother in law had this problem 6 months ago when they bought a house that was nearly finished. The builder did pull a single wire to all rooms and then terminated them in a bedroom closet, when the house had a huge game and media room with a media closet and only ran one cable outside. I was able to fix most of the problems since the cable wasn't stapled in the walls. I pulled everything back up from the bedroom closet into the attic and then dropped the wires into an enclosure in the media closet, but there was nothing I could do about the single cable run outside. I showed the installer my plan and he agreed with my synopsis and we were able to mount the dish in a location and only run cable about 6ft under the eaves to get inside the attic to connect to the node inside the media closet.

Sometimes I think these builders are not only being cheap on very expensive homes, but I also think they have deals with local cable companies, the way some of these homes are wired.

external hard drive + 722k on "non dish tv" ?

single yokr for single LNB fir dish 1000

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)