Help How to test the motorla DSR-920

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

C64C64!!

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 4, 2005
I got a Dsr-920 off of cregslist for removing a 10 foot solid dish. I have never gotten a C-band system to work. Can I plug my ku dish to this to test it? I can change the channels but nothing happens. I was able to at one point get the screen to say searching with the time and stuff but thats it. I don't know if this system works. Could someone help me?
Ben Armstrong
262 339 7186

I have a manual, but I don't know if the receiver is dead. I don't know If I can Just plug a ku dish into it.

you can try these 3 satellites to see if it works

K3 (AMC3 KU) channel 640
K5 (AMC5 KU) channel 600
X4 (G4/G16 at 99) channels in the 800's are audio

Don't sound like the 920 is dead, Ben. If that battery is dead it would be a useless box. When you power it up, does the time come on the display window? The only way the time is set is thru the mapping stage on G1, TP 3 or TP 150. If the time is correct, the 920 is OK.
Do you have a friend or neighbor who have a BUD? May they will let you hook up the 920 to their dish.

The time comes on but why cant I get that searching satellite screen all the time? It only came on once. I think I will make a post to cregslist hear In Milwaukee to find some one else with a working c band system or maybe take it into a store that sells c band equipment to test it.

make sure You have Ku setup in Your menu options 642 , and not just cband, also what Ku sats do You have listed in the menu, if any

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)