Help How to test the motorla DSR-920

Status
Please reply by conversation.

C64C64!!

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 4, 2005
I got a Dsr-920 off of cregslist for removing a 10 foot solid dish. I have never gotten a C-band system to work. Can I plug my ku dish to this to test it? I can change the channels but nothing happens. I was able to at one point get the screen to say searching with the time and stuff but thats it. I don't know if this system works. Could someone help me?
Ben Armstrong
262 339 7186

I have a manual, but I don't know if the receiver is dead. I don't know If I can Just plug a ku dish into it.

you can try these 3 satellites to see if it works

K3 (AMC3 KU) channel 640
K5 (AMC5 KU) channel 600
X4 (G4/G16 at 99) channels in the 800's are audio

Don't sound like the 920 is dead, Ben. If that battery is dead it would be a useless box. When you power it up, does the time come on the display window? The only way the time is set is thru the mapping stage on G1, TP 3 or TP 150. If the time is correct, the 920 is OK.
Do you have a friend or neighbor who have a BUD? May they will let you hook up the 920 to their dish.

The time comes on but why cant I get that searching satellite screen all the time? It only came on once. I think I will make a post to cregslist hear In Milwaukee to find some one else with a working c band system or maybe take it into a store that sells c band equipment to test it.

make sure You have Ku setup in Your menu options 642 , and not just cband, also what Ku sats do You have listed in the menu, if any

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)