help i dont have a clue what i am doing

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jtcrouch

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jun 12, 2005
i have a 31" gemstar satilite with a universal isatel lnb and DVB-S Satellite Receiver System board (PCI). I am trying to tune in galaxy 10R satilite at 123W I am having no luck at geting a signal. I have a compass and I am pretty sure i have it pointed in the right directon but i am getting nothing i have moved it up and down and left and right but nothing is there any thing i can do or is there some thing i am not doing ? help

Hello and Welcome to the SatelliteGuys.US FTA forum :wave

Make sure your L.O. is set to the below for a Universal LNBF....

09750-10600

Make sure you have the coordinates entered for a live TP./Channel...

http://www.lyngsat.com/g10r.html

If you hurry up you may just manage to catch the Bee-Gees on the Tube!
(on second thoughts, take your time and you will miss them)

DFreq: 11718 MHz(V) SR : 27.691 Msps

V/50 A/51 PCR/50

lo is set at 10750 . sorry i still dont have a clue do you know of a company i can pay to come out and do this for me ?

Check here.....

www.dbsinstall.com Make sure they have done a KU installation before and ask what kind of satellite meter they use. If they say they use a small TV do it your self, we can help!

Member/Mod. Cascade is a dab hand with PCI cards.....

At least you got to miss the Gee-Bees!

i'm sorry i dont know what this means "Member/Mod. Cascade is a dab hand with PCI cards....." the web site link you posted they have installers that will come out and get this set right for me ? i have been trying to get this right for a week and i am bout ready to rip it off the roof and throw it as far as i can. is there any thing i can buy to help me . i used to have direc t. v. and i set up that sat. no problem but this is a whole different story. i dont know if i bought junk or if i am just setting it up wrong . what about elevation what does it need to be set on and does it matter where i mount the sat. :river

give us your zip code and we can get you where you need to point it (at least you can double check against what you have).

I've found the Ku is a bit pickier in the elevation than DBS sats are. This may be an artifact of my oval dish though.

Hang in there jtcrouch, I also worked for over 2 weeks without so much as a blip. Then when I got my first satellite I lost it. I now have over 200 channels on 15 satellites programed in. The guys here will be great help. Don't give up. And yes elevation does matter.

i got a meter and i peaked it out i still have no signal and not really sure if i am on the right sat. i am 123 west i think i guess i could be on the wrong sat i am so lost :confused:

Signal meters will help on some satellites but of course they always steer you to the stronger DBS satellites in the sky, try moving off the strongest signal and try again.

ok i got good news and bad news i found 3 birds but none of them give me a single but i can peak each one out how can i tell if i am on G10R ... i almost see the light at the end of the tunnel but i just can not get there maybe it is the settings or the pci card ??

A meter won't help, since he's using a universal LNB.

Your lo shouldn't be 10750, it should be 09750-10600. Not sure how the software for the PCI card works (since I have a set-top reciever), but try to change the LNB type to Universal 1 if there is such a setting.

Cascade? CharredPC? These guys could probably give you the exact info to set it up correctly, but I think your LNB type might be incorrectly set..

Tron

universal isatel lnb: If this is anything like my Universal LNB, your settings should be as such:

LO1: 9750
SW: 11700
LO2: 10600

Don't feel bad, I went through the exact same "issue." ;) Without these settings correct, you'll be finding signals left and right but not be able to lock into or get quality on any of them... sound familiar? This is becuase using a LO of 10750, you're a bit off frequency. What software are you using? ProgDVB, MyTheatre, Twinhan...?

Using a compass---did you allow for the magnetic difference? Some of the angle finders take this into consideration and some do not.
Also, I have a cheap (it was free so not much cheaper than that) signal meter and be warned that E's signal from 121 blasts it so I aim at 121 and then just barely turn the dish to the west to find 123.
Good luck, and be patient, once you find it you will be hooked.

1. Get a standard LNBF switch to 10750 LO
2. Get a signal meter.
3. Find 121 then move a tad to the right.
4. Have fun. Good luck!

Good luck.

jtcrouch said:
i have a 31" gemstar satilite with a universal isatel lnb and DVB-S Satellite Receiver System board (PCI). I am trying to tune in galaxy 10R satilite at 123W I am having no luck at geting a signal. I have a compass and I am pretty sure i have it pointed in the right directon but i am getting nothing i have moved it up and down and left and right but nothing is there any thing i can do or is there some thing i am not doing ? help

i uninstalled my software for my pci card just in case there was a problem with the installation and re-installed the software now on the drop down box where i can choose a sat. from a list G10R is 237east ? i dont know what happened here ?

is there an easier sat. to find or one with a better channel selection i am having no luck :confused:

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)