Help Identifying These Antennas

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

navagator

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Aug 3, 2007
I have neighbors on either side of me that are using these little parabolic shaped antennas. I would say they were about a foot and a half across, and they have one small probe sticking out of the center. One is pointing East and the other West.

Could they be some kind of microwave antenna?

Here are a couple of photos. The second photo shows one of the antennas on a walk up tower, sorry for the pic quality.

100_1613.JPG
100_1612.JPG

Wireless internet

Here's an example of a provider that deploys those antennas in my area:

The transmitters can be on cell towers, on top of water towers, and other locations.

Yes, those look to be PTP microwave antennas, probably Ubiquiti 5GHz.

Sent using Tapatalk

I tried ptp microwave internet once back in the good old days of 802.11b. Didn't work so well even though I had a clear path to 4 AP's from 45 feet up my tower.

Wireless internet

The transmitters can be on cell towers, on top of water towers, and other locations.
I thought about wireless internet. We have at least one wireless internet provider that I know of.

Now, can this cause interference issues with C band? The last few months I've been experiencing choppy/jerky video on many of the channels I watch and I can't seem to find any problems with my system.

Wireless internet

I have 2 commercial radio towers about a mile across from me. You can see them from the pic I added below which I took from my yard.

I believe the wireless antenna in the first picture is pointing towards those towers, so there's probable a transmitter on one of those towers.

100_1614.JPG

Reactions: comfortably_numb
Here is a discussion on interference from a local terrestrial internet provider from a few years ago.

Here is a discussion on interference from a local terrestrial internet provider from a few years ago.

Thank you for pointing out that thread.

It sounds like this could be the problem I'm having.

I think I'll order one of your filtering LNBF's and see if it helps.

Thank you for pointing out that thread.

It sounds like this could be the problem I'm having.

I think I'll order one of your filtering LNBF's and see if it helps.

Use "Satguys Save" (without the quotes) in the Coupon code for Titanium's sales site, and you'll save 15% on the cost of your order of his stuff.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts