Help Me Identify My LNB

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Blue Crystal

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
I recently obtained a 10 ft. "Perfect 10" dish with the purpose of up grading to a dual LNB, to receive C and Ku Band.
I won an Ebay bid for a Pansat 2500a receiver. While waiting for my shipment I took the cover off the feed horn and this is what I found.

Chaparral Feed Horn
Echostar Lnb-EAO30 Noise 30 (degree sign) and the letter (K)
Serial No. E438l9522
1 coax connection

A little blue box ( I guess a servo of some type) with 3 wires coming out of the box . Red, Black, and White

Is this a C Band LNB or a Ku Band on a C Band Dish.
Also, when my digital receiver arrives can I use this LNB with my digital receiver , at least to test for my best site location
or will I have to wait until I upgrade the LNB.

That's a C-band LNB (30 degrees Kelvin). The blue box is the servo. What are you going to use to move the dish?

Thanks JeepGuy

When i saw the K It threw me. The dish has an, I believe it is an HTS dish mover and motor.
I think I have to either get a V box or an older receiver just to move the dish. My goal is to have a dual LNB and hook up 3 other receivers the same way I used to have Direct TV a few years ago. I'M very interested in a lot of out of the country channels.

I think I have to either get a V box or an older receiver just to move the dish.

Correct

My goal is to have a dual LNB and hook up 3 other receivers the same way I used to have Direct TV a few years ago. I'M very interested in a lot of out of the country channels.

Best way to do this with a servo-controlled polarity LNB/feedhorn combo (which is what you have) is to split the output of the existing LNB with a high frequency (2100 mhz) splitter.

Sorry it took so long to get back to my "post".
I installed my pole today. I took my time and so far it came out ok
It sure looks like I have a lot to learn.
I have been looking at a dual LNB that Galaxy Marketing sells. I think I will call them and make sure that it will work with what I have now and what I want to end up with.

Thanks

I just took a tour of their site, and don't see what you are talking about.
Why don't you post it here and get a 2nd opinion from some of the guys.
Might save you a headache down the line.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts