Help me start my satellite farm

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Hank why don't you run the cable thru the arm of the slimline dish? Give it enough slack to rotate the lnb?

The arm of the slimline almost hits the ports of the LNB. I would have to pinch the cable to run it right side up. Easy solution is to cut off the extra length of the arm. And yes when I dump her into the switch I will run the cable in the arm. Nice clean look.

Reactions: danristheman
Under 20 bucks nice little unit "I have 2 of them they work fine for me". It also has a long neck on it that would help you out also.

Reactions: hank123
Over the last 2 days I tuned the 8 foot Hydro with AJAK about as much as I can. I can hit from 78W to 139!
Still trying to hit a bit more to the east below 78W but I think my greenhouse is trimming anything else.

The hardest part is deciding that it's good enough and doesn't need more tweaking. There's always another channel or two that makes you want to mess with it some more.

Reactions: Titanium
Over the last 2 days I tuned the 8 foot Hydro with AJAK about as much as I can. I can hit from 78W to 139!
Still trying to hit a bit more to the east below 78W but I think my greenhouse is trimming anything else.

About all that is East of 78W is Spanish or Portuguese as far as I can tell. (A few channels in English but they are repeated elsewhere on the arc)

If you're after Spanish, 58W and 55W in particular,are good birds to shoot for. 40W circular is loaded with Spanish as well, but I have not been able to reach that far East yet without dish flop.

What's further East is a mystery to me due to a ridgeline blocking LOS here.I know some guys like a KU dish dedicated to the 30w HispaSat birds.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)

Latest posts