Help me start my satellite farm

Status
Please reply by conversation.
That's not a mesh dish, as you mention in a previous post, Or is this a different dish altogether?
This one is a perforated. As in Paraclipse Perf(orated) Nice Dish, and rescue!
HtoH mount to boot! Double Nice.

Reactions: hank123
That's not a mesh dish, as you mention in a previous post, Or is this a different dish altogether?
This one is a perforated. As in Paraclipse Perf(orated) Nice Dish, and rescue!
HtoH mount to boot! Double Nice.

Yes just got this today. New rescue dish
And it gets even better!

Look at the guts. In WONDERFUL shape!
20160724_173739.jpg
20160724_173729.jpg
20160724_173716.jpg

Why can't I be so lucky???
I don't think there's an HtoH mount within many hundred miles.
Reason, My Von Weiss actuator is starting to show it's age.
That would be 30 next month.
Looks like the only thing to do with that HtoH mount is soak the chain in oil for a day. That's so minor it makes me want to (deleted- don't need to make anyone else sick here) Any way,
I knew the day would come, that mine would develop 'symptoms, so have been keeping an eye out for an HtoH for quite a while.
Enjoy your new found beauty there, I know I sure would if I were so lucky.

After looking at the LNBF its a C band KU combo.
Cool!
I'll still be using my C2W-PLL.
Now if we can talk Brian into coming out with a dual port KU/C band LNBF....
20160724_205730.jpg

Why can't I be so lucky???
I don't think there's an HtoH mount within many hundred miles.
Reason, My Von Weiss actuator is starting to show it's age.
That would be 30 next month.
Looks like the only thing to do with that HtoH mount is soak the chain in oil for a day. That's so minor it makes me want to (deleted- don't need to make anyone else sick here) Any way,
I knew the day would come, that mine would develop 'symptoms, so have been keeping an eye out for an HtoH for quite a while.
Enjoy your new found beauty there, I know I sure would if I were so lucky.

Come down to Colorado. I know there are more. I'll save one for you lol.
The picture of the chain makes it look worse then it is. Little oil there and a bit of grease on the pivot point and shes good as new.
The grease on the chain is still red. One little issue, not sure the impact on performance, where the dish mounts to the ring it is dented in a bit.
If she wont say popped out I figure a large washer should hold her down.

Tomorrow i'll have the LNBF up. Later this week ill have my cable with actuator control wire coming. Found 125 feet of it. (only need about 40)
They she will be thrown on the ASC1 blowing up my receivers.

Anyone have an easy way for me to move the motor center so I can nail the 97w tomorrow?

Thanks

I've used anything battery wise that are 12 to 28 volts. Marine, car, portable drill, whatever is 'handy'. Sure , they're slow with only 12 volts, but it gets the job done. Couple of time even wired two 12 volt batteries in series for 24 volts.
Note, they may draw more than normal current at 12 volts. so monitor the motor temp with your hand. Warm is fine, burn, let it cool.

OK I'm dicking around with my ASC1 and slowly getting this thing figureed out.
have loaded
Any faster way of loading these things? Seems I cant come up with an idea of how many clicks per degree.
Also any better way of finding a strong transponder then looking at satsignature.com
and sathint.com?
Thanks

Also have a KU dish up and should get some more stuff set up tomorrow and have it put together this week.

Attachments

• 20160731_193015.jpg
    20160731_193015.jpg
    728.7 KB · Views: 152
  • 20160731_193002.jpg
    20160731_193002.jpg
    873.6 KB · Views: 138
  • 20160731_192942.jpg
    20160731_192942.jpg
    854 KB · Views: 143
Reactions: danristheman
For some reason I can not go anymore then 101W to the east. No 99 no 97.
Any ideas?

Dish is not perfectly tuned, 3715V 4775 I am getting about 62% on the 101W, she is working and should be well enough to program my ASC1.

Thanks

For some reason I can not go anymore then 101W to the east. No 99 no 97.
Any ideas?

Dish is not perfectly tuned, 3715V 4775 I am getting about 62% on the 101W, she is working and should be well enough to program my ASC1.

Thanks

What do you mean? Are you saying if you try and go farther than 101 you get an error?
If this is the case than, I would check the motor to see if the physical (Hard) east limit is set at this point.
You may need to adjust it so you can go farther East.

oh no I can go all the way east and west no problem. It hits the hardware limiters without issue.

I cant seem to find any satellites to the east of 101w. I have tried several times on the 97w and 99w. Cant tune them in.
Not sure if the declination is off, I pick this thing up about 40-50 miles dead south of me, seems to track ok to the west. Have not hit 139w yet.

Oh, ok I got ya. :)
Yep, tuning is still off somewhere. I would say that unless it was wrong before you got it, the declination is ok.

OK I'm dicking around with my ASC1 and slowly getting this thing figureed out.
have loaded
Any faster way of loading these things? Seems I cant come up with an idea of how many clicks per degree.
Also any better way of finding a strong transponder then looking at satsignature.com
and sathint.com?
Thanks

Also have a KU dish up and should get some more stuff set up tomorrow and have it put together this week.

Hank, do you by any chance know what brand of dish the big grey one is? I sold a lot of dishes in my day, but I don't think I've seen one like that one. It resembles a UFI in a way, but the pattern on the face of the dish is unusual. I saw some "foam" dishes several years ago that looked similar to that one, but never used them. I kind of stuck with UFI, Kaultronics, Unimesh, Winegard, Paraclipse and Perfect 10.

Just because it was installed nearby,doesn't necessarily mean it was installed correctly the first time.;)
Also, over the years and the relocation,something may have changed.

Hank, do you by any chance know what brand of dish the big grey one is? I sold a lot of dishes in my day, but I don't think I've seen one like that one. It resembles a UFI in a way, but the pattern on the face of the dish is unusual. I saw some "foam" dishes several years ago that looked similar to that one, but never used them. I kind of stuck with UFI, Kaultronics, Unimesh, Winegard, Paraclipse and Perfect 10.

It is a Paraclips with a Ajax motor.

Have not made anymore moves on the C band stuff. May of found a 10 foot ill go look at it in a few days.

I am starting to stack KU sats. Used a Directv Slimline today for the 97W and it is smashing!

Attachments

• 20160822_154848.jpg
    20160822_154848.jpg
    942.3 KB · Views: 174
  • 20160822_153859.jpg
    20160822_153859.jpg
    919.5 KB · Views: 163
Nice job on your dish farm there. Why is your X2 ku lnb upside down hank?

Thanks its been a work in progress.
Because right side up and the coax will not clear the arm. Could cut off part of the arm... The other option is to have the lnbf sitting almost the right way and adjust the skew on the dish to zero her out. Not sure how this would perform.
The slimline hits well, ill have her hit other stuff as well to see the performance. Its great having fine tuning.
Works for now.

Still have to build to the farm. More to hit in the sky.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)