Help me start my satellite farm

Status
Please reply by conversation.
No I have not sure how to do all of that.

This is how its working now, seems to be working right but I dont know. Im a noob.

Ok the receiver has no idea what satellite it is pointed to per se.
You can pick any of those out of the list, with the dish pointed at G19 and it will scan the same channels.
What you need to do is go in the menu to motor and select USALS and click the ok/select button on USALS and it will give you a place to enter your Long and Lat.
What the receiver does then is calculate the arc based on your Long and Lat.
BTW you only have to enter your Long and Lat one time. Then you can go to the different birds and set the ones you want for USALS in the motor option.
Have you set your motor up properly?

Reactions: hank123
Ok ill make a different video. It still seems not to be working. I have to be doing something wrong or its the receiver.

I have the LNB turned to -10 deg or so.

If I select Diseqc1.2 and set the motor to zero I get everything back. So Do I need to tune the dish to the 83 first?
This is is a massive changle and over my head but you guys are setting me on the right track.
Thanks

I think the next move is to set 3-5 LNB's on this dish and get a one or two 1.2 meter dishes and load more.

Have the parts for the C band ill set up at some point.

I don't have time right now to watch the video. Will in a couple of hours or so
...but no you will need to use your true south satellite to you.
I am just guessing half asleep(need coffee or tea) here, but for Colorado, I am guessing that is around 107.3W

You may need to start with just a fixed dish and no motor until you get more familiar with things.
However give this guide a shot here: http://www.satelliteguys.us/xen/thr...-motor-condensed-version.360671/#post-3894808
I spent the morning revising one I had wrote a while back.
Read it over a couple times before you start to apply it, so if you have any questions you can ask before hand.

Also if using a motor, no real reason to add more LNBF's.

You may need to start with just a fixed dish and no motor until you get more familiar with things.
However give this guide a shot here: http://www.satelliteguys.us/xen/thr...-motor-condensed-version.360671/#post-3894808
I spent the morning revising one I had wrote a while back.
Read it over a couple times before you start to apply it, so if you have any questions you can ask before hand.

Also if using a motor, no real reason to add more LNBF's.

Can someone give me a link so I can find transponders to program my birdog?
Or should I set it as you said for the 97?

The birdog should work by just going to 97W Ku H or V.
I like to input a custom transponder though, when I am setting up a dish.
Go to sathint.com and then go to 97W.

Keep in mind though that transponders change from time to time and sathint or lyngsat etc, does not stay updated as fast.

This is what I have my birdog set for the 107.3
LNB 10.6
carrier 11949
symb 05859
fec dvb-s 3/4
lnb horiz 18v
iq norm

Everything looks good.
I see 11949 on the list at Lyngsat but can not confirm right now if that is active.
Maybe someone else can let us know.

This is a video I just made.

Maybe I missed a step.

KE3EST thanks for your help man. Thanks for blessing me.

The birdog should work by just going to 97W Ku H or V.
I like to input a custom transponder though, when I am setting up a dish.
Go to sathint.com and then go to 97W.

Keep in mind though that transponders change from time to time and sathint or lyngsat etc, does not stay updated as fast.

I loaded the 97 on the birdog but it does not see it. So the custom transponder input works great, just a bit more work

I have found the same thing over the years.
The birdog works great to find DISH and Directv and Hughes, etc.
...not always on other birds.

Well I got the motor running right. Had to fix the clamp going from the motor to the mount.
Think I will look around for a while then build 2 fixed dishes with several LNBs.

How many LNBs can I stack on a 90cm? I was thinking I should be able to do 4 or 5.

KE4EST thanks for your help. I understand the birdog now and building custom carrier. Do you have the software so I can load a few sets?

Thanks

So I will keep the motor dish up but I would like to set up a stack of LNBs to feed 3 tvs.
What I want is
125W
123W
121W
113W
103W
97W
95W
Do you think I can do it on a 90MM or should I look at a 1.2?
or is 30 degrees out of the question on one dish?

Here is how close 4 degrees is, for a 90cm.

8865.jpg

I have personally done 6 degrees of separation for 97w and 103W

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)