Help me start my satellite farm

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Is my LNB bad, do I need to pass power to it, or will my birdog not tune it?

The LNB is a sadoun ULN1

Thanks

Been awhile since I fired up my birdog, but I think it will tune it.
That LNBF is a universal so you need(for NA) to set your LO in the meter and your receiver to 10600 and turn on 22kHz tone.

Reactions: hank123
Also remember the birdog is just like a receiver. You need to have an active transponder programmed into it, just like a receiver.
Are you trying to tune with the motor and all?
If so you may need to take the motor off and start with just the dish and find a couple of birds and get the feel for it.
Then add the motor into the mix.

I must have the latatued set wrong. Ill take photos of a video tomorrow of how I have my stuff set up.

Ill try doing more reading as I cant find a guide to set the KU on the birdog. C band yes

Ok I cant find anything. so bad LNB but the birdog test it out find. Do i need to have power running to the LNB?

Which birdog meter do you have?
It will be on the back.
Mine says:
Version 4
USB Plus

Yes, the LNBF requires power.
If the meter doesn't supply it, can the receiver be connected also?
NOTE: when connecting/disconnecting coax. Turn all power OFF.

All Birdog meters will supply power.
I just need to know his version so I can walk him through setting up his meter for 10600 and 22kHz on.
It is kinda tricky. :)

Reactions: hank123 and FaT Air
USB Plus ver4.

will the power pass in the other port or should I use a power passing splitter like one from directv?
Or should I plug it into a 4x8 powered zinwell?

Thanks

Just to set up your dishes on the satellite you want, I would just by pass the switch.
It will select ports though for the DiSEqC 1.0 protocol. The A, B, C, and D in the DiSEqC menu is the same as 1, 2, 3, and 4.

Anyway....

Turn your meter on and then just tap the up arrow to bring up the menu.
Then go down to "Custom Carrier".
Next hit the right arrow to select "Custom Carrier".
Next press up or down buttons until you see 10.6 with a picture of a square wave after it. (This is 10600 with 22kHz on)
Next hit the right arrow and then hit then use all arrows to move over and up and down to input an active transponder on the satellite of your choice.
next keep hitting the right arrow until you see "symb" at the top, then enter the symbol rate just as you did the frequency.
Next keep going to enter the FEC,
Next enter either Horz. or Vert. and move on to the right.
Leave IQ at Norm and then go over to the right till it says save and exit.
Then hit down arrow to save and exit.
Now tune your dish. :)

Set the carrier for 12152
Then Horz
Symbol for 20000
FEC 3/4.

12152 H 20000 is an active transponder on G19 and a good one to use.

Glad my instructions helped you set it up.

.....time to charge that battery. :D

That is a good signal! You should be able to hook back to your receiver and blind scan in a bunch of channels.

So I did a blind scan have a crap load of channels. Something I found I have to set the LNB on the receiver to 9750/10600.

Now If I go to a different sat, dish says its moving but I am not seeing anything, nor do I think the dish is moving.

20160517_193302.jpg

When you do a blind scan you'll get a lot of channels, I think around 200+. You can tune to a weak channel and then verrrry carefully move the dish (or just the lnb) to try to peak the signal. Just moving a millimeter or two can make a difference.

The motor is moving the dish or so it says it is. Not sure what I am doing wrong but its not moving to other dishes.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)