HELP! My new AZbox satellite list keeps getting messed up

I'm surprised the store you bought it from updated your list, I am wondering what they did for you? Did they just update it from the web or did they truly North Americanize your satellite list?

I would be curious to learn more about this, too. I would venture to guess that they just "updated" the original list and that it isn't a "western hemisphere only" satellite listing.
If it is, then I would really love to know their process. It could prove useful.

RADAR

I would be curious to learn more about this, too. I would venture to guess that they just "updated" the original list and that it isn't a "western hemisphere only" satellite listing.
If it is, then I would really love to know their process. It could prove useful.

RADAR

It is a "western hemisphere only" list, starts at 11.0W (Express AM44) and goes to 139.0W (AMC8) (and does include AMC21 at 125W). The backup (default) file in DISK1/DISK2_backup has the same satellites (have checked both that file and the current one in DISK2 with a hex editor and both files start and end with the same satellite).

It is a "western hemisphere only" list, starts at 11.0W (Express AM44) and goes to 139.0W (AMC8) (and does include AMC21 at 125W). The backup (default) file in DISK1/DISK2_backup has the same satellites (have checked both that file and the current one in DISK2 with a hex editor and both files start and end with the same satellite).

Keith,

That is a real plus! Who did you purchase your box from? Did they mention anything about how they upgraded your sat list to all western hemi sats?
It would be nice to know if they are using the same process we are or if they have a totally unique procedure. If you can find this out, please let us know or give us the seller's information so that we may contact them.

Thanks!

RADAR

Keith,

That is a real plus! Who did you purchase your box from? Did they mention anything about how they upgraded your sat list to all western hemi sats?
It would be nice to know if they are using the same process we are or if they have a totally unique procedure. If you can find this out, please let us know or give us the seller's information so that we may contact them.

Thanks!

RADAR

I purchased it from Dr. Sat in Oakville, Ontario, Canada (drsat.ca). All they asked was whether I wanted the sat list updated (during a phone call). No specifics about how they were going to do it were mentioned. Excellent service by the way, would recommend them to anyone.

I purchased it from Dr. Sat in Oakville, Ontario, Canada (drsat.ca). All they asked was whether I wanted the sat list updated (during a phone call). No specifics about how they were going to do it were mentioned. Excellent service by the way, would recommend them to anyone.

Keith,

Dr. Sat is a really great place! Have you checked out their FAQ > Channels area? That's the nicest FTA channel list support that I have ever seen. I don't know how accurate or up to date it is, but just skimming it, it looks great. I am going to keep a shortcut on my desktop for Dr. Sat.

I wrote them an email to query about their satellite list update process for the AZBox. I am anxiously awaiting for their response.

RADAR

Keith,

Dr. Sat is a really great place! Have you checked out their FAQ > Channels area? That's the nicest FTA channel list support that I have ever seen. I don't know how accurate or up to date it is, but just skimming it, it looks great. I am going to keep a shortcut on my desktop for Dr. Sat.

I wrote them an email to query about their satellite list update process for the AZBox. I am anxiously awaiting for their response.

RADAR

Looks like the FTA channel list is a bit out of date, but I agree, it is in a great format. I too am interested in their response (having benefited greatly from it).

Response from Dr. Sat

I received a reply from Dr. Sat. Their new website isn't online yet (still under construction) and they didn't offer any specific instructions, but it sounds like a really great perk for AZBox owners and others and they seem like great folk to work with, very eager to help and downright friendly! Here is their response:

Thank you for contacting Dr. Sat. As the official distributor for AzBox in Canada, we offer our customers as a courtesy the option to replace the default satellite list with a customized list of receivable satellites here in North America separated by band for dual-band satellites. This also has the benefit of replacing the corrupted satellite list that currently comes with the unit with a fresh clean copy.

For the benefit of all AzBox customers in north and south america, we will start maintaining an updated satellite list which will soon be available on our new AzBox website at Netfirms, Domain Names and Web Hosting for Small Business

Best regards,

Serge Cormier
Dr. Sat - The Satellite Doctor
505 Pinegrove Rd.
Oakville, ON L6K 2C2
Ph: 416-301-8SAT
Email: info@drsat.ca
Web: Dr. Sat - Satellite dish installation in Southern Ontario

RADAR

Sounds like they have been reading the threads on here.. :)
At least they are honest enough to admit the receivers do have a corrupted satellite list that currently comes with the unit from
the factory. That only took me a week to figure that one out with my first azbox.

That is indeed good news that others may be able to benefit as I did with a good North/South American satellite list. As I said, I'd recommend Dr. Sat to anyone, and my opinion of them just went up a couple of notches with this news!

Looks like the FTA channel list is a bit out of date, but I agree, it is in a great format.

Well FTA channels do come and go by the time your done scanning from one end of the arc to the other there are 5-10 new changes that have happened; but what you did not mention was did you have to go into your Antenna setup and make changes to your settings there?

How was that setup for you from the company?

Well FTA channels do come and go by the time your done scanning from one end of the arc to the other there are 5-10 new changes that have happened; but what you did not mention was did you have to go into your Antenna setup and make changes to your settings there?

How was that setup for you from the company?

Not quite sure what you mean, other than having to change the usual: LNB, DiSEqC, and 22KHZ tone settings (no different than when I set up my Pansat).

other than having to change the usual: LNB, DiSEqC, and 22KHZ tone settings (no different than when I set up my Pansat).

ok, so you did have to make those changes as I figured you did. Now those changes are not in your backup directory that you made to the receiver and to have that happen you would have to download the files to you pc and send then to the back up directory of the azbox if you ever wanted to make those changes permanent or the starting point for the azbox.
But at least the biggest hurdle was taken care of and this is good.
Thanks for the response.

ok, so you did have to make those changes as I figured you did. Now those changes are not in your backup directory that you made to the receiver and to have that happen you would have to download the files to you pc and send then to the back up directory of the azbox if you ever wanted to make those changes permanent or the starting point for the azbox.
But at least the biggest hurdle was taken care of and this is good.
Thanks for the response.

I fairly often ftp all of the important files down to my computer for backup in case any problems do eventually occur (hopefully not!). I've also downloaded to the computer the default file in /disk1/disk2_backup for added "security".

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts