HELP! My new AZbox satellite list keeps getting messed up

Here are some of the problems on my loaded azbox toolbox 2.1
when clicking on sellected program i get this!
AZ box control center>>componant TABCTL32.OXC missing or nonvalid (wont run)
Maz>> Acessviolation at address 008567AD (will run after but didnt try)
AZbox edit>> Acess violation comdlg32.ocx (wont run)
Other programs seem to run but havent played with them
Is there a version that is totally english??
I tryed from two diff sites with simular results!What sites would you use to download?

stanley i got so mad at these stupid programs i deleted the whole bunch. i couldn't find an english only version anywhere. after i calmed down i downloaded ACC and AZedit as separate programs. that seemed to help a bit with the frequecy of errors. then i uninstalled them and went back to toolbox 2.1. i found toolbox via a google search at megaupload. radar is correct that these programs are tempermental just like the AZ itself.
stargaze the subscript error was the one i saw.

I am beginning to believe the problem is our computers themselves.
Firewalls, virus programs, and all the other things we have on our systems is causing many of these errors.

I took a brand new laptop with none of the junk in it nor did I setup a firewall and the programs worked fine for me, well as fine as I could expect.
I have not had the issues most are complaining about. Like language problems, crashes, or setup problems with Maz, AzEditor, ACC or Toolbox Azbox HD. Then again maybe I'm just lucky!:D

Much like these azbox's, most of the problems are operator error or rather people rushing through something without taking the time to do it properly.
People forget these are actually computers and need to be treated as such.
Like flipping the switch on the back to turn it off instead of doing the proper shutdown via the remote can cause problems but these are things people will learn in time.

Here are some of the problems on my loaded azbox toolbox 2.1
when clicking on sellected program i get this!
AZ box control center>>componant TABCTL32.OXC missing or nonvalid (wont run)
Maz>> Acessviolation at address 008567AD (will run after but didnt try)
AZbox edit>> Acess violation comdlg32.ocx (wont run)
Other programs seem to run but havent played with them
Is there a version that is totally english??
I tryed from two diff sites with simular results!What sites would you use to download?

Got Pissed off about that to so i got a copy of this one (ToolBox AzBox HD 2.1) installed it, went into the program dir and deleated all but the english language files. Happy camper now. no other language file then the english language is default. Az ToolBox 2.1 still works fine along with Maz 3.0.

Antivirus hurdles

After stressful attempts to edit my sat list with Maz3.0 & wasting just too much time I downloaded the ToolBox Azbox HD 2.1 through Megaupload. I won't trust Megaupload as a site now!:mad:
Immediately the Kaspersky found a Trojan downloader tagged with the package. This I-net suite recommended quarantining the "MultiPacked,MultiGeneric(analysis according to base of suspicious web addresses)". Malwarebytes didn't tag it as malware, so after scanning it again with the AV, I went ahead & installed Toolbox.
I kept getting the overflow error '6' with AZBoxEdit until I opened the NA sat list. The Max SAT(right side of left column top) window has to have a count greater than "0"!
After editing the sat list for my antenna/switch system, everything seems to be OK.
Now it seems that I must reinstall Toolbox again because of some fluke in WinXP on my desktop! I'm asking myself which is the more beta: winbloze or the toolbox???:confused:
I'm typing this on my Ubuntu Lenovo T61 thinkpad. :D It never ends this crap.:p

MEGA UP LOAD SITE

Well, I am not going to recommend the Megaupload site or others like it anymore. I never trusted them with much before, now I certainly do not trust them. I acquired a malware program that was extremely difficult to dispose of and it has cost me money, time and lots of headaches and set me back a great deal in my progress with my FTA and AZBox endeavors.

The first file that came up was a fake antivirus message linked to a program called "Think Point". Once I was able to destroy that one, another one popped up which was linked to "Resident Shield Alert". Then my entire system became unusable and I had to work out some extremely time consuming repairs.

To fix my problems, I used two programs (MALWAREBYTES and REGZOOKA), but you must be careful how you apply them as the virus/malware can contaminate your registry and if you tell the programs to "fix" or remove or quarantine the infected files, your system may not operate at all afterwards.

Whatever you do, stay clear of the sites like MegaDownload! Second, if you notice that your computer is becoming slow to boot, take action immediately!!!

Third, purchase a second HDD for your PC and when you have your system all clean and working good, CLONE your installed HDD with ACRONIS TRUE IMAGE to the spare drive. Save that spare drive in your safe or closet as a backup. Trust me, you will be extremely glad that you did if you happen to get infected.

Some of these viruses and malware programs can shut you down completely and you WON'T be able to recover if you do not catch the problem early on.

Be cautious about the programs you download from "them" to elliminate the problem. Very often, they install more viruses and spyware and malware than they are intended to remove. The whole thing is a great big hoax and a scam to get you to buy their products to protect your computer from "them".

Personally, I am a wee bit pissed! I am prepared to return the favor to these so called hackers that produce these vile programs. I would have no reservations to disembowel them, tie a rope around their ankles and drag them though a cactus patch and over sharp rocks, then scalp them and gouge out their eyes and castrate them. Then I would like to set them afire on a low flame that burns for a long time. Then bury them alive and then dig them up, beat the ever living life out of them, then shoot them. Then, I would like to go after their family and repeat the process for each member!

OKAY... I am only "just" a wee bit pissed. I won't tell you what I would do if I was REALLY MAD! But, I have seen one of those SAW movies, that might be an option.

RADAR

Careful Radar, you'll end up having a stroke!

Ha Ha Ha! I already had one, I think.

I guess I cannot prove anything about Megadownloads, but this is the second time that something really BAD has happened directly after using their service. As well, I don't know where else it would have eminated from. It was just too coincidental that it occurred twice.

i.e. No problems existed for months, visit Megadownload once (and no other site for downloads), then develope a severe problem within hours? Twice? Hmm?

So, just be careful. That is my reccommendation.

RADAR

Last edited:
wasn't that the place you told me to get the new Toolbox program?

:eek: sure glad I've been busy and never got round to it! Besides my version is not giving me any problems and I'm keeping it for awhile!:p

My desktop survived the Trojan downloader.exe just fine because the Kaspersky caught it before the damages. Last year at Christmas was another instance that I'd rather not relive...AVG free edition + Adaware + SpyBot Search & Destroy + Malwarebytes didn't stop that catastrophe.
I regularly back up my HD (after the initial cloning). I also use Fedora 12 as my 'other' OS on the same HD. With Fedora I can drag & drop files from one system to another for rework(dual boot).;)
Majorgeeks has a great collection of tools for disinfecting your pcs.:D
And mostly free!

HEY! I know what you mean about mega! A little earlier i downloaded a toolbox 3.0! i thought 2.1 was the latest! Downloaded that and when i started it up my norton started screaming red alert!!:eek: I instantly exited that program and uninstalled it.looks like i might of lucked out! Computer running well and norton is quiet.

wasn't that the place you told me to get the new Toolbox program?

:eek: sure glad I've been busy and never got round to it! Besides my version is not giving me any problems and I'm keeping it for awhile!:p

Yes. It was.

And I am sincerely regretful that I posted that information. I cannot prove that the MegaDownload site is bad - or just the program, but it is certainly appearing that one or the other was responsible for my troubles. So, I wish to guide all others to avoid the site until we can prove that it is absoulutely safe.

If anyone else detected a major problem by going there, I am very sorry. If it is any consolation to you, I got hammered hard by my own decision to go there and retreive the download. I guess I was a guinnea pig here. I happened to see that it (the program) was available and then shot my mouth off without testing it first to ensure the security of the site. Of course, it may not be the site itself, but the program that I downloaded from that site that was at fault. I really cannot be certain where the virus or malware/spyware originiated from or where I contracted it.

I reccommend that no one use it (the program from MegaDownloads) until we can be assured that it is safe.

RADAR

Last edited:
HEY! I know what you mean about mega! A little earlier i downloaded a toolbox 3.0! i thought 2.1 was the latest! Downloaded that and when i started it up my norton started screaming red alert!!:eek: I instantly exited that program and uninstalled it.looks like i might of lucked out! Computer running well and norton is quiet.

Stanley,

First of all, I apologize for steering away from your original topic. But, please realize that I think that this stray topic is VERY important and I wouldn't go off the main subject unless I felt very strongly about this. I really want to ensure that no one has a bad experience, if I can.

Please obtain the anti-malware software "MalwareBytes" and run it to check your PC. It is FREEWARE. No need to purchase the program, even though there is an option to do so. The purchased program does little more than the Freeware version can do. You just get a hard copy of the program on a disc and automatic upgrades. The freeware program does the same things that the purchased program does, but you have to manually seek upgrades to it and don't get a hard copy on a disc.

The program REGZOOKA is very good to have also. Cannot recall if it is Freeware or a pay for application. Doesn't matter, it works great! So get that for your defense system as well.

RADAR

Last edited:
Its ok radar! I checked out that mega site due to a google of toolbox!Things like this happen sometimes!thats why im glad i got some pretty good protection on my computers.At least now we can avoid this site till it can be checked out.Oh by the way!! continuing to update my north american satellites list and more scans and day two without any problems :).

Its ok radar! I checked out that mega site due to a google of toolbox!Things like this happen sometimes!thats why im glad i got some pretty good protection on my computers.At least now we can avoid this site till it can be checked out.Oh by the way!! continuing to update my north american satellites list and more scans and day two without any problems :).

Stan,

Day #2 and no problems? Very good!

I am certainly rooting for that streak to continue! :)

Keep it up, Stan!

Gordy (RADAR)

OK, now that it was mentioned here and by others in another thread, people are making changes either using programs that are not geared strictly towards the azbox or they are using their remotes to make changes. both methods will eventually fail.
Well, that may be true but my elite has been stable while my ultra isn't. That leads me to believe that there's something wrong with the ultra and not my method. But, if my elite starts doing strange stuff within the next month I'll have to assume that there is something wrong with my method. At any rate, editing the sat list shouldn't be so difficult. I read your procedure and it seems like a strange process to me but I might just give it a try anyway. Both boxes are running the same firmware, btw.

just as a counterpoint i downloaded toolbox 2.1 and have had no issues or malware. my pc security stuff is provided free by my cable company and has performed VERY well. my cable co is Rogers in Canada. i think they use a combination of McAfee/Norton/third party etc. files and it checks for new protection updates every time i login. it also scans files before i download and toolbox 2.1 passed.
also want to apologize if my suggesting mega caused anyone any grief. since i didn't have any issues i forgot other members are using different protection. that toolbox 3.0 is hacker stuff i believe.

I have ToolBox AzBox HD 1.2 and have had no problems either.
I've learned years ago, it never pays to be first. I am satisfied with it and have no need to upgrade it for awhile I hope!!

my elite has been stable while my ultra isn't. That leads me to believe that there's something wrong with the ultra and not my method. But, if my elite starts doing strange stuff within the next month I'll have to assume that there is something wrong with my method. At any rate, editing the sat list shouldn't be so difficult. I read your procedure and it seems like a strange process to me but I might just give it a try anyway. Both boxes are running the same firmware, btw.

While the firmware may be the same it does not mean that the receivers are. There were several additions since the Elite model was made. As with anything, just because it is newer does not make it better. Maybe with the Elite things can be done differently, that's great news if it works!
Since I do not have one of those models to test I can not say one way or the other, I have however, tested the procedure on the Ultra and the Premium plus. It may sound a bit strange the way it is written but remember I am not a programmer so I wrote it in plain simple terms.

Since I have already North Americanized my receivers and they are now stable what I would like to know is from someone who has not done so yet and has experienced some quirks in the receiver... I would like to have them go to the antenna/satellite setup menu and scroll over to 169.1*E Intelsat2 and add 1 transponder to this satellite, it does not matter what even 3715 :sr: 20000: fec: 3/4 would be enough and save it.
Since this is void of TP's I wonder if this is causing some of the problems in these receivers.
The way these receivers are sent to us it is apparent we were just an aftermarket for the company.
I wanted my receiver to reflect my viewing habits which have not changed much over the past 24 years of satellite watching.
Having my C & ku satellites separate now I no longer have to go into my settings menu to make changes just to view some channels. This gives me more time to actually watch tv and alot less time messing with the receiver. That's what this is all about. Plus, now my satellites are all named correctly so when someone says hey go look here I don't have to try remembering some older name that the company put in the receiver.

I've not had any problems on any of my 3 azbox's since I have done the North Americanizing of them.
I only posted the info to try to help others if they wanted the help.

I have downloaded AZbox toolbox 2.1 but it doesnt want to run!keeps coming up with file missing errors on a few of the programs listed that i would use.The program titles are in english but some parts non english also if i got the right program theres a nice gal showing on the left side of the menu selections.Installed it on a windows vista computer.

Stanley,

You are probably missing TABCTL32.OCX or COMDLG32.OCX or both or maybe some others. If you type these file names in as a Google search, you will find access to a download library where you may install these an other missing files on your PC.

What I found was free or freeware and it was simple. Be sure to run a virus scanner on your PC to be safe, but they are generally safe (I have not detected any problems).

RADAR

I will most likely try again at a later date getting the toolbox to work correct.Right now im still in the process of getting the north american sats all set up. last night i used the record feature to get elviria's new horror show on THIS TV! This feature seems to be working well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)