Help on a 5-room setup

Status
Please reply by conversation.

joshschuler

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 30, 2005
Any tips on a 4 room setup (3 basic's and a TiVo w/2 inputs)? I don't have the dough for anymore switches, and I'm hoping that I have enough already. I have a single sat D* dish w/ a dual LNB. I have 3 types of perfect vision 3x4 switches, but none show a cascade to another switch (and one requires a power inserter). I used to install E*'s, and have a variety of switches and splitters. I have every piece of E*'s LNB's and switches EXCEPT the DPP44. I also have 1450 Mhz splitter's. I have tried different combination's of equipment with various effect's.
Can anybody tell me how/what I'll need for a 5 room setup.

Believe it or not I did an install the other day that had 2 3*4's cascaded together. I did not think it would work but it did.

It was a reinstall that a person was getting done because there spouse left them and took the receivers. There was a tivo and 4 regular's in the house on the previous install but I only put in a tivo and 3 regulars. I did however change the 2 switches out to a 3*8 as dodge said but before I did I tested the system and everything seemed to work fine. I asked the customer about it and they said for 2 years they never had a problem.

The first switch was normal from the dish one side to 18 and one to 13. The #1 rec out from that switch was to the 18 side of the next switch the 2nd and 3rd out was to the tivo and the 4th was to the 13 on the other side of the next switch. Then the other four receivers were off the second switch.

I am not going to claim this will work for you because I have always been told it would not. I am suggesting to try it and see what happens, It may save you some money.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)