Help Please!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

bigjotto316

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 15, 2008
Hey guys I would love a little help please. I am moving into a new apartment that has already been wired for Directv. I am a current Dish Network subscriber but am thinking of canceling and going to Directv. The area that I live in (Erie, PA) does not have local channels provided by Directv but I cannot live without them, and is one of the only reasons I hesitate about making the switch to Direct from Dish. Do you think as a new subscriber I would have any problems "moving" a day or two after the install to get local channels from another market? I honestly dont care what market I get, would just prefer to get the channels in HD. My main question is, if I was to move, being in Erie PA which spotbeams would I be in? Cleveland? Pittsburgh? Buffalo? Any help at all is greatly appreciated.

sorry, im in Erie also but dont know what spotbeams are but i pay like $500-$600 a month for cable and directv, i dont what to do! also

I have tried an antenna with Dish network, and the locals come in spotty at best...I was wondering if I would be in the Buffalo NY spotbeam in erie? Anyone with some info on this? Im thinking of just "moving" to Buffalo for locals

sorry, im in Erie also but dont know what spotbeams are but i pay like $500-$600 a month for cable and directv, i dont what to do! also

You pay cable that much just so you can watch locals or is there something else on cable that you want? My local cable co. has a limited basic package which is just local channels and a couple more for about $10 a month.

You pay cable that much just so you can watch locals or is there something else on cable that you want? My local cable co. has a limited basic package which is just local channels and a couple more for about $10 a month.

We too have that option in Erie, however I want my locals in HD, and I want to be able to use my DVR for them.....

I would think just about all cable systems have some kind of basic package. I know where I live Time Warner has a 15 channel basic for about $8.00 a month. That includes all the locals, headline news and T-W's own local news channel.

I don't know if I would recommend "moving" within the first few weeks of getting installed. You might have problems that need to be fixed in the beginning. I would ask D* for the ability to have OTA. You can get a good antenna from Radio Shack. I have found the 15-1892 to be an excellent indoor antenna. It is less than $50. I would think it shouldn't be too long before your locals are coming thru D*. If you can't get a reliable signal thru the OTA, you have 24 hours after install to cancel.

Ok, I have officially decided to make the switch to D*. I believe I am going to try and "move" to Buffalo NY to recieve their HD locals. Would I have any problems with this? Am I in Buffalo's spotbeam in Erie PA?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)