help setting up swm dish

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Nice idea .... could you find any info more current than 2006 ?
I understand that the procedure is the same, but 2006 was when the very first generation with the Skew in it came out, they've had at least 3 or 4 different newer units since then.
It's the same as when this was printed............................

There is no 99a and 103a any more. 99a is now 99c, and 103a is 103ca.

Those designations were used with the mpeg4 receivers. Did that change?

Is that for recvrs going forward ?
Mine still show the Sats mentioned ... as expected.

Don't forget the 99(s) and 103(s) as well.

The satellite designations changed a VERY long time ago, on all the receivers:

99s and 103s - HD spotbeams
99c, 103ca and 103cb - HD CONUS channels

What would you consider a long time? I'm guessing if it was changed, it was two or three years ago tops.

99a became 99c in 2009 I think. 103c became 103ca when 103cb arrived, Directv12 in March 2010.

March 2010 was three years ago. Not such a long time.

I use a birdog personally, i think inhouse issues accutrac2s

Sent from my PG06100 using Tapatalk 2
Most can't afford a Birdog, unfortunately they are really high dollar and if your only doing this occasionally, not worth the money.

The Accutrac2 is the one I have been thinking about getting, would like to see how one works first before spending the money though.
Having actual hands on experience before hand would be great. (good luck with that btw, to myself.)

Most can't afford a Birdog, unfortunately they are really high dollar and if your only doing this occasionally, not worth the money.

The Accutrac2 is the one I have been thinking about getting, would like to see how one works first before spending the money though.
Having actual hands on experience before hand would be great. (good luck with that btw, to myself.)
Jimbo,
I use the Accutrac II for setting up my SWM dish for the RV. It does the job well. Just know that it is really a dumb meter and you can get lined up on sat 110 just as easily as 101 (which I did once). And you also need to know that the Accutrac does not work directly with SWM so you need the D* ASL-1 for SWM. You also need a power source with this unit since it cannot drive the 21 volts needed for a SWM head (which means you probably need an AC outlet somewhere close by). And when do you the dish setup for SWM you cannot have a receiver connected to the line. I know this sounds like a bit of a hassle, but I bought a separate PI on ebay to use for the setup and it makes things really work smoothly. I also use an app on my smart phone that really makes alignment a piece of cake.

Just some things you need to consider with the Accutrac II.

Bob

Jimbo,
I use the Accutrac II for setting up my SWM dish for the RV. It does the job well. Just know that it is really a dumb meter and you can get lined up on sat 110 just as easily as 101 (which I did once). And you also need to know that the Accutrac does not work directly with SWM so you need the D* ASL-1 for SWM. You also need a power source with this unit since it cannot drive the 21 volts needed for a SWM head (which means you probably need an AC outlet somewhere close by). And when do you the dish setup for SWM you cannot have a receiver connected to the line. I know this sounds like a bit of a hassle, but I bought a separate PI on ebay to use for the setup and it makes things really work smoothly. I also use an app on my smart phone that really makes alignment a piece of cake.

Just some things you need to consider with the Accutrac II.

Bob

IF it told you what Sat you were hitting, id go with it for sure ...
I can't believe all these meters that don't designate the Sat your hitting .... why is that ?

Sent from my Samsung Epic using SatelliteGuys

IF it told you what Sat you were hitting, id go with it for sure ...
I can't believe all these meters that don't designate the Sat your hitting .... why is that ?
Jimbo,
I agree it is stupid. But, that is a limitation for this meter. I was tricked into believing the 101 port on the DirecTV ASL-1 would only allow 101 sat to pass on that port. So wrong! But, now with my smartphone SatFinder app that can be put right under the LNB arm with no magnetic issues, aligning on 101 is a real snap. So, I am not worried about making the 110 mistake again.
Bob

I still use the tried and true "lnb swap trick" i peak the 101 on a legacy ka/ku lnb then just swap a swm in over place of it. Again i use a birdog, these arnt crazy expensive on ebay, but i also use mine alot more frequently than some others.

Sent from my PG06100 using Tapatalk 2

Update! We caught a bad LNB! There was a house the burned down and they were ripping it down, and we liberated a LNB that was headed to the dump anyway. We got the 101 immediatly! Then just tilted it and walla! All 3 are in just need a fine tune. Thanks everyone! There ought to be a test for them.

Update! We caught a bad LNB! There was a house the burned down and they were ripping it down, and we liberated a LNB that was headed to the dump anyway. We got the 101 immediatly! Then just tilted it and walla! All 3 are in just need a fine tune. Thanks everyone! There ought to be a test for them.

Glad to see you found one and now have isolated and fixed your trouble !!!

Now ENJOY !

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)