Help with Dish 1000.2

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

hansokl

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 4, 2010
Atlanta
I am currently transporting my vip 612 dvr receiver to another state for tailgating. I am using a portable winegard 300 dish but I am planning on purchasing a Dish 1000.2 and I have a few questions.

What all will I need to get everything hooked up?
like, splitters, coax cables etc

I am wanting to point to 110,119,129 at the same time so I can pick up all my channels.

Another question, Which local channels will I be able to pick up, my locals from home or the locals in the area where I setup my dish 1000.2?

Should I be able to pick up all of my standard and hd channels that I get at home?

Sorry for such a long post, I hope I can get all of this figured out. Thank you for your time.

thanks a lot,

1. cable from dish to receiver and your seperator.
2. if you are out of the spotbeam for your locals you won't be able to view your locals, might try rabbit ears on the 612 or try "moving"
3.standard and hd channels are for the most part conus so you should get everything but maybe your locals

Thanks for the quick reply and the help. I really appreciate it. I have been using my splitter from home with the portable dish but I guess it really wasn't doing anything since that dish only points to 1 sat. So the dish 1000.2 has 4 hook ups for coax on the dish right? Would I use 3 of them for wanting to pick up the three satellites? I guess I could crawl up on my roof and look at how my home dish and see how its setup ha... Yeah about the locals... I really just wanted a cbs, abc etc hopefully in HD. Do you think that those would be possible pointing to satellite 129? FYI I live in Atlanta and setting up the dish in Auburn alabama for tailgating.... thanks again

Thanks again for the response. You have been a great help!! I talked to my father in law and he has his dish 1000.2 but no LNB because he had to send it back once he got rid of dish network. I assume I should just order a Dish Network 1000.2 Dish Pro Plus LNB which would I found on amazon for about $24 + shipping. Do you think this is what I should do.

One last question..

I have been looking online for a Dish 1000.2 before I knew my father in law had one and my question is.. what is the difference in the dish that says 1000 on it and the dish that has Dish TurboHD?

Thanks again for all of your help!!

that lnb will work fine. the 1000 may be the original smaller 1000 that uses a dpp twin and a dual or may be the first stampings of the 1000.2, either way if you have access to the 1000.2 and have found an lnb for that price I would say go that route

I looked at the dish my father in law had. It says Turbo HD but I think that was just a marking scheme but it should be a 1000.2 because it had a triple lnb. Like I told you before, they took the triple lnb. So I have the dish with out the triple LNB or coax. Here is what I am going to order:

Amazon.com: Dish Network 1000.2 Dish Pro Plus, Integrated LNBF: Electronics@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/31GSFhHdqgL.@@AMEPARAM@@31GSFhHdqgL

This will be all that I need right? Well besides coax. And you said I would just need 1 coax running from the first output of the lnb and have that single coax hook up to my splitter behind my receiver which goes into input 1 and input 2.. Is all of this correct and will that lnb I found on amazon work correctly?

Thanks again for all your help

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)