Help with installing a Pansat 3500s

Status
Please reply by conversation.

RussTC3

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 30, 2005
I just purchased a Pansat 3500s receiver and would like some help installing and setting it up.

Here is the list of equipment that I have:

10 ft. Dish
C/KU-band LNB
4DTV Receiver
Pansat 3500s MPEG2 Receiver

I would like if possible to use BOTH the 4DTV and the MPEG2 receivers at the same time.

If anyone could direct me to an installation guide, or if anyone would be willing to help me before calling a technician, or if you think I should just call a technician, lol. Any help is appreciated.

I bought the 4DTV years ago, and barely use it anymore, since I have a Dish 500. And I really have no idea how to set up this MPEG2 Receiver.

Thanks for the help.

Cool, thanks. One quick question, is that the only way to do it and if so will I lose a lot of signal strength by splitting the wires so much?

Thanks again! I'm looking forward to getting this all set up.

If the connections are good you should not lose any signal. You could maybe just slave the DVB receiver to the analog, but you would be stuck on whatever polarity the first in line receiver is on. But that way all thats needed is a RG6 cable from one receiver to the other. Thats the way I have my DVB/Analog system setup.

RussTC3 said:
Cool, thanks. One quick question, is that the only way to do it and if so will I lose a lot of signal strength by splitting the wires so much?

Thanks again! I'm looking forward to getting this all set up.
You could also do basically the same thing, except use an A/B switch instead of a Diseqc switch. Personally I like the Diseqc switch better. I've tried it both ways.

Al

Wow, this stuff is complicated. :D

Am I doing something wrong when I scan the satellite because sometimes nothing shows up and sometimes when I'm looking for a specifc channel I know is there, it also doesn't show up. Like Ohio News Network for instance. Nothing showed up on that satellite. Do I have to not only point the dish to the satellite with my 4dtv, but point to a specific transponder as well?

you have to point the dish to SBS6 and make sure you're on a horizontal TP when you scan.

KU is a little harder to finer tune in...you might want to manually enter the info and fine tune the dish

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts