Help with new Satellite Receiver

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Hello Lee60

In your receiver settings, you have: Satellite 121.1W , is this the satellite should I point first? not Galaxy 19? and you have positioner "off"
mine is "USALS"
That supposed to be in "USALS" doesn't it?
that's where you enter your location
its kind of confusing for me.

Please, explain.
Thanks
Freddy

How To Install a USALS Motor - Condensed Version

Freddy you need to read this thread if you have not. I hope you don't lose patience getting your rig setup. I would have recommended to get your feet wet with a fixed setup first. Lots to learn. Took me a few weekends to get the dish\motor to track the satellites east to west. It's extremely important to have a plumb pole with a motor.

Reactions: KE4EST
Yeah, thank you.

Well?
I need help getting my dish motor back to zero position.
It does go back but im few seconds keeps going back to the satellite I selected first which Galaxy 19, 97W.

How do I make it stay in zero?

I want to try Lee60 Advise.
Using the 121.1W
And find that signal

But I need get my motor go back to Zero
I'm choosing the
Go to reference point
Which I can see goes back to zero
But it doesnt stay.

Chose that within the Galaxy 19, 97W ku
Under USALS.

Please, help
How do I make it go back to zero amd stay there??

i am kind of new to all this can anyone tell if they have gotten this gecen hdsr 621 gf4 sat reciver is there a video tutoeral on this
You are not gonna get help on a hack box from this site. That box is/was sold for hacking. This site for for discussion of TRUE FTA.

How To Install a USALS Motor - Condensed Version

Freddy you need to read this thread if you have not. I hope you don't lose patience getting your rig setup. I would have recommended to get your feet wet with a fixed setup first. Lots to learn. Took me a few weekends to get the dish\motor to track the satellites east to west. It's extremely important to have a plumb pole with a motor.

Hello Lee60
Good morning

Yeah, I've done all that.

I'm having a problem starting all over again to use your advise using 121.1W Sat instead of 97W which I already entered. I setup USALS for Galaxy 97W

when I choose GO TO REFERENCE POINT (zero) it goes back to zero but when I go back to menu to exit? it returns by itself back to 97W again and ti doesn't stay in zero

how do I make it stay in zero?

another thing,
the guide says to enter only once your Longitude and Latitude in USALS
how do I clear the values I already entered in USALS?
should I make them 0.00 ?

Please, let me know so I start all over again to use your example using 121.1W sat

thanks Lee60, your info is an awesome help.
Freddy V

Take the USALS option off of 97 if you want it to stop moving it. However, if you are wanting to go to 121 just go to the 121 satellite and turn on USALS.

No need to do all this though, this is a little different than a C-Band dish and actuator arm. When it goes to 97W peak up for 97W. Make sure you are using 12152 H 20000. :)
This is why it is always highly recommended that one start FTA without a motor, to get a better understanding of how everything works. Once you have a feel for it and a bit of experience under your belt, a motor setup will be much easier. :)

Reactions: Lee60
Hello KE4EST.

Thanks.

It does not go back to zero after pressing
GO TO REFERENCE POINT.

no matter what I do.
Getting out of USALS
exit that page.
IT KEEPS RETURNING BACK to the satellite 97W.

I dont how to clear my data so it'll stay in zero.

Another thing
If you read Lee60 advise
It makes sense and its exactly the same thing you are saying.
He wants me to zero the motor
And statt with 121.1W sat which right where my truesouth is.
Find that signal and then locate my setup satellite.

Please, read Lee60 advice and pictures.
And let me know how to zero this thing so stay in zero.

Thanks
Freddy

Hello KE4EST.

Thanks.

It does not go back to zero after pressing
GO TO REFERENCE POINT.

no matter what I do.
Getting out of USALS
exit that page.
IT KEEPS RETURNING BACK to the satellite 97W.

I dont how to clear my data so it'll stay in zero.

Another thing
If you read Lee60 advise
It makes sense and its exactly the same thing you are saying.
He wants me to zero the motor
And statt with 121.1W sat which right where my truesouth is.
Find that signal and then locate my setup satellite.

Please, read Lee60 advice and pictures.
And let me know how to zero this thing so stay in zero.

Thanks
Freddy
Can you create a dummy satellite in the menu and assign it 0?

Freddy , click menu>installation>satellite installation>down button till you highlight Positioner and click till you see USALS>hit center button and this screen appears. Doesn't matter what satellite your on. You will see a underline under the first #. push the #1 on your remote. Then with the left-right button you can move to the numbers you want to change.
BUT no matter what satellite is at the top of the page it will always be the Latitude you originally entered.
USALS only knows to move so many counts from satellite to satellite. So you start by putting the motor at 0 (and leaving it at zero) If you have the dish nearly at the setting I provided all you have to do is slowly move the motor on the pole to dead south till you see on the signal level that you found the satellite. Fine tune left and right till you have the best signal. Now before loosening the adjusting bolts lightly pull back on the bottom of the dish if the signal improves adjust the dish down. If it gets worse adjust up. Now do a blind scan to confirm you are on 121. Now that you are on 121 tighten bolts on the pole and on the dish. I hope you put a through bolt locking the dish to the arm.
Now USALS can work because it knows where it is. "0" and 121.88
If you select a satellite and you get a so-so Quality signal # on that satellite you have more adjusting to do. Read how to determine which way to go. Since 121 has such a strong signal you can be off good amount. If you had a weaker signal to adjust to you could fine tune it a bit easier.

Now if you still can't find 121 or the motor moves to a satellite like 97 and you get no signals you may need to remove the motor and start at the beginning like most of us. Put the dish on the pole. Use Dishpointer to get a landmark for your selected satellite. Put a known transponder in the receiver with a tv connected. move up and down and then left and right. When you find that first satellite you will feel great. Then read and read some more about this hobby. Baby steps

Good Luck!

IMG_0001 (2).JPG

Freddy , click menu>installation>satellite installation>down button till you highlight Positioner and click till you see USALS>hit center button and this screen appears. Doesn't matter what satellite your on. You will see a underline under the first #. push the #1 on your remote. Then with the left-right button you can move to the numbers you want to change.
BUT no matter what satellite is at the top of the page it will always be the Latitude you originally entered.
USALS only knows to move so many counts from satellite to satellite. So you start by putting the motor at 0 (and leaving it at zero) If you have the dish nearly at the setting I provided all you have to do is slowly move the motor on the pole to dead south till you see on the signal level that you found the satellite. Fine tune left and right till you have the best signal. Now before loosening the adjusting bolts lightly pull back on the bottom of the dish if the signal improves adjust the dish down. If it gets worse adjust up. Now do a blind scan to confirm you are on 121. Now that you are on 121 tighten bolts on the pole and on the dish. I hope you put a through bolt locking the dish to the arm.
Now USALS can work because it knows where it is. "0" and 121.88
If you select a satellite and you get a so-so Quality signal # on that satellite you have more adjusting to do. Read how to determine which way to go. Since 121 has such a strong signal you can be off good amount. If you had a weaker signal to adjust to you could fine tune it a bit easier.

Now if you still can't find 121 or the motor moves to a satellite like 97 and you get no signals you may need to remove the motor and start at the beginning like most of us. Put the dish on the pole. Use Dishpointer to get a landmark for your selected satellite. Put a known transponder in the receiver with a tv connected. move up and down and then left and right. When you find that first satellite you will feel great. Then read and read some more about this hobby. Baby steps

Good Luck!

View attachment 147605
USALS only knows to move so many counts from satellite to satellite. So you start by putting the motor at 0 (and leaving it at zero) If you have the dish nearly at the setting I provided all you have to do is slowly move the motor on the pole to dead south till you see on the signal level that you found the satellite.

Hello Lee60

I know everything you say I need to do.
The problem is just this part I put on top from your message.

How do I make my motor go to ZERO and stay there?
I know I need make it go to zero but HOW?

As right now is reading the Calaxy 19, 97W where I entered my coordinates, in that page of USALS.
in that page, see GO TO REFERENCE, when I press this ? the dish goes back to zero.
but in few seconds, only few seconds it return to 97W, it doesn't matter what I do.

how do I clear the Galaxy 19, 97W? so my motor won't read that.

Thanks
Freddy

Last edited:
Go to 121 in your receiver satellite menu. Set it for USALS. That will put you where you want to be.
The receiver is telling the motor to go to 97W because you have 97W selected in your setup menu.

Reactions: Lee60 and FTA4PA
I know everything you say I need to do.
The problem is just this part I put on top from your message.

How do I make my motor go to ZERO and stay there?
I know I need make it go to zero but HOW?

As right now is reading the Calaxy 19, 97W where I entered my coordinates.
in that page, see GO TO REFERENCE, when I press this ? the dish goes back to zero.
but in few seconds, only few seconds it return to 97W, it doesn't matter what I do.

how do I clear the Galaxy 19, 97W? so my motor won't read that.

Thanks
Freddy
Freddy,

There seems to be a misconception that the motor must move back to the zero position between every satellite move and then wait there until it is commanded to go to another satellite. This is not the case. If you are on 97W and select 121W the motor will go directly to 121W. It's control circuitry 'knows' where it currently is on the arc and will move the number of degrees needed to get there. It does not need to return to zero between every move. Hope this helps. :)

Reactions: primestar31
Like this? Assign it the position that would be 0??

I guess you didn't try my suggestion. I spent a little time reading of these usals motors. 0 is only for setup. They come set that way out of the box and I'm thinking that 'they' assume you're going to do the preliminary mechanical setups before doing your final aiming tweaks.
Don't these things also work on DISEqC and reference positioning on counts versus pre programmed positioning?
I read where people are constantly having to bump the motor to peak signal all of the time and the 'cheat' is to modify the geographic settings in the satellite menu. Anyway, isn't there something like an initialize command to stick the motor back to zero and keep it there?
Looks easy enough to setup as long as you realize the motor has to point at the north star or with a compass after magnetic deviation is calculated.
The motor gets set for latitude next, the dish mounted and pointed right at south (maybe using a reference on the dish or measuring from the dish rim to a motor bracket on the pole equidistant on both horizontal dish rims). Then setting declination on the dish mount.
"Seems" easy enough. Me? Want the dish to go-to-zero and stay there? Create a new satellite and call it Zero and put in your what would be zero coordinates.

Hello Lee60 and others
thanks for your commends and help

Well?
its hard to explain but it should be very simple , at the same time is very confusing how the software box or interface works together with the motor

the thing is that when at first I moved to my first satellite "97W" the motor was at ZERO.
now, I like Lee60's idea to start with the 121.1W because is right at the true south and signal is strong to start there
but because I already moved my dish to 97W,
I have the mentality that I need to move my motor back to zero since my dish was pointing to my true south , it was close there

but anyways
like you say and I didn't know that it was so much trouble moving motor back to zero.
I'm going to just select 121.1W and the dish will move there and tweak there.

I'll try that
Thanks , I'll keep you post

Freddy

When you have the motor set for USALS and it is on 97, set it to no motor. This should keep it on where the motor thinks 97 is. It shouldn't be too difficult once you turn the motor off. Peak moving left and right(azimuth), and then up and down(elevation). Once you have peak on 97, lock down and mark where everything is. Like others have said if your pole is not rigid or not plumb, you will have a nightmare situation where nothing will come in besides the initial satellite you peaked on.

Sent from my SM-N975U using the SatelliteGuys app!