Help with PAS-9 at 58.0W

Status
Please reply by conversation.

ariro1

Original poster
May 26, 2012
dfw
This is my situation I have a Paid Subscription for SKY Mexico I got the original receiver the dish and the lnb I brought them from mexico , now what happened like 2 weeks ago they did lower the footprint for our location I'm in TX so I'm no longer able to get the signal on the original SKY Mexico receiver, but when I hook the cable to the viewsat ultra box It does get the channels but with no audio or video..I can only get 2 channels to see (TV Unam and one for the movie previews) but my question is why is that I can get the signal even thought the lowered the footprint for our location with the viewsat box but not with the original Sxy mex box?? any help please!!

DFW is a rather long ways inside TX. and I am no expert, but I would 1) check dish alignment, and 2) TRY a loop out option. One (only 1) box I tried loop out on, seemed to have the loop out pre-amplified, so a less sensitive tuner was helped. I gave that one away before I realized how it worked. 3) Get a better dish and LNB. The 1M (round) Primestar works well with the SL2 from SatelliteAV on very weak KU signals at my place.

Do you have standard or HD receiver? I heard that with the standard receiver you don't get much channels anymore. I have HD receiver and get a few standard channels and almost all HD channels. It is messed up since up since Sky did that!

I do have the standar box, so you saying that you're able to get hd channels? are you in the DFW area? Because I can request the HD box but I want to make sure that the HD beam will reach my location..

Yes, I do get some HD channels. I live in Mckinney, TX
Yes. Sky mex has changed the footprint coverture..appears that Dallas and Houston was partially changed..
What size of antenna you have on Mckinney? Do you have the TP's: 11960 H and 12180 V with some Quality signal yet?..What LNB you are using? Linear or Universal? and What setting you are using on you LNB set ?

Sorry hear that, i'm located in Honduras Central America and i can confirm that sky up signal by here, before change we used a 0.90 dish with 80% quality on almost all to, on weekend y could see that quality ups to 100% with same dish, we use here the universal LNB since is the factory configuration for this receivers, i hear that people are getting almost all tp with a 1.2 meters antenna and universal LNB, so good luck

Ariro,

Are you sure you´re alright with your subscription?

I understand TvUnam is fta and I think the movie preview could be fta also. So these two would get video even without a sub.

Another clue towards this is that your viewsat scans in all the tps. If this is so then footprint is not the problem. How strong are the tps on your viewsat? Does your sky reciever have a way to check tp signal strength?

Hope this helps. Luck.

Status
Please reply by conversation.