Help With Setup/true South Sat

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

catoer

Original poster
Oct 15, 2006
Seems there a few birds at my True South Location of 119W degrees. (Echostar and a couple others). Could someone please tell me which bird, Tp and SR I should aim for to ensure my True South is dialed in correctly?

Equip: Fortec Mercury II
Invacom QPH-031
Fortec 90 cm dish
STAB HH-90 motor

Well, I think it ought to be easy, so use Echostar 7, with your Invacom circular polarity port.
tp 12486 V
SR 20000
FEC 5/6

Once you've optimized quality on this bird, I'd use USALS to move to 123W, Galaxy 10R, using the linear lnb in your invacom, and see if you can get a quality signal, then try to improve on it, by slight adjustments.
tp 11800 V
SR 26660
FEC 3/4

If those two guys work out for you, head across the sky a little to 97W, IA-5. If you hit that as well, I'd bet you can get them all.

Be gentle now. :)

When pointing to your TS of 119 on your circular LNB, try to make sure you have very strong signal. Circular Signal is more forgiving than linear.

Thanks for the assistance. Please bear with me as I am a newbie but I have a question regarding the TP mentioned above...

If I am using the Circular port, how can the TP be 12486 Vertical on Echostar 7?

Will my Mercury II automatically detect circular TP's?

Hi catoer,

Vertical (V) or Horizontal (H) polarity for linear feeds, or on Right (R) and Left (L) polarity for circular feeds.

On the receiver V = R and H = L

Hope this helps.

Regards

Thanks for all the help. Looks like I have it up and running with good signal throughout my arc. Having a couple issues with my Mercury II though:I can't seem to get the AC-3 output from my Mercury II to function. Could be a setting but I think I have tried everything. I have tried the following: Tuned to a channel broadcasting AC-3 (G10R), New Optical Cable, Fiddled with AC-3 Capable Receiver Settings (Denon AVR-2800), Different Optical In Port on my AC-3 Receiver, Mercury II settings (volume obviously). I have never had a problem with my receiver decoding any other source, either optical or coaxial for Dolby Digital or DTS. The Denon receiver lock light comes on indicating there is a bitstream present from the Mercury II but no audio is present. PCM bitstreams are all good. On a different note, my video settings don't seem to have any effect on the component video output. I can select 4:3 Letterbox or 16:9 and it stays exactly the same. I have my Mercury II connected to my Sony HDTV via component video.Thanks again for all the assistance.

It must be something with the Mercury II? On my Denon AVR 3805, I use the Surround setting Stereo (of the 3, Standard, 5CH/7CH Stereo, DSP Simulation). It works on either of my Pansat 3500s and my Coolsat 5000. So, my conclusion is, something must be up with the Mercury II.

Al

Another thing, I just remembered, although it may not apply to you or the Mercury II, is that at times, the AC-3 audio don't/won't come in. With the Pansat more than the Coolsat, but with either I have to go up or down (off the AC-3 channel) and back to get the sound to work, sometimes several times to get it to come in. It don't happen often, but it does happen. I have even re-booted to try to get it to work. I think it's more my impatience than anything else. Sometimes, digital channels just need a little time to get there act together, although a full minute is stretching it somewhat.
Maybe you can try to channel off the AC-3 channel and go back and see if it will work. But, don't get your hopes to high, it's just an experiment?

Al

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts