Help with VIP 211Z

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

boulderdentist

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Sep 8, 2014
All of a sudden my 211Z is not responding to the remote properly. I took the remote to another receiver and it works perfectly so I think that eliminates the remote as the problem. Almost any button shuts the receiver off. I tried to reprogram the remote, sat, system info, sat, record, no go. Also tried to reset the receiver three times by unplugging, but it does not go through the normal reset process, just tells me onscreen the receiver is off. I will try to force a reset on the receiver tomorrow, if that does not work it seems as if the receiver is faulty. I have no interest at this time in upgrading to Hopper with Joey. My other receiver is the outdated VIP222k which serves us OK because SD is in dining room and is not used much, other part is HD to a lower level family TV. If I have to replace the 211Z could I choose a Wally? Seems somewhere I read Wally cannot be on same account as a VIP (my case 222K). Also, somewhat baffled the the TV with the 211Z is turning off from some of the wrong keys on the remote, or seems as if the receiver is turning off the TV??? Any thoughts are appreciated.

Scott

Do a reboot by holding the power button down for 10 seconds on the front panel.Did you try the remote from the other receiver on the 211z? sounds like the receiver is toast.Worst receiver Dish ever made..

All of a sudden my 211Z is not responding to the remote properly. I took the remote to another receiver and it works perfectly so I think that eliminates the remote as the problem. Almost any button shuts the receiver off. I tried to reprogram the remote, sat, system info, sat, record, no go. Also tried to reset the receiver three times by unplugging, but it does not go through the normal reset process, just tells me onscreen the receiver is off. I will try to force a reset on the receiver tomorrow, if that does not work it seems as if the receiver is faulty. I have no interest at this time in upgrading to Hopper with Joey. My other receiver is the outdated VIP222k which serves us OK because SD is in dining room and is not used much, other part is HD to a lower level family TV. If I have to replace the 211Z could I choose a Wally? Seems somewhere I read Wally cannot be on same account as a VIP (my case 222K). Also, somewhat baffled the the TV with the 211Z is turning off from some of the wrong keys on the remote, or seems as if the receiver is turning off the TV??? Any thoughts are appreciated.

Scott
You can still get a 211 replaced with a new one

Reactions: charlesrshell

Scott

If further troubleshooting is done and the 211z is still needed to be replaced, it would be replaced with a 211z model receiver. To change to the Wally system, all equipment in the installation would need to be switched to Wallys. Our Chat teams here would be able to look into both options with you.

I have 2-211's and 2-722k's and have been thinking about replacing my 722k's with wally's to save fee's.
Already have the dvr activated on the 211's.
Not sure if they will accommodate me or not?

Be sure to let us know how that works.
Been thinking about it for a year. I am prepay and own my receivers and would save $17 a month ( thought it would be $22 but noticed I only pay $7.00 for dvr service). If I only have to buy 2 receivers would pay for it self in less than 1 year (already have 2 ext. drives) but if I have 2 buy 4 receivers and 2 drives would take over 2 years to pay back.
I know sooner then later they are going to force me to give up my 722k's.

Thanks for the information and suggestions. Yesterday I moved another TV into the room and connected everything to the 211Z. It now works flawlessly, so it has to be the nearly 10 year old Panasonic TV. It is really strange, turns off on its own, turns off with the touch of most buttons on the remote. Turns itself on it walking by the TV. Thank you. Suppose I cannot complain of nearly 10 years from a TV.

Scott

Reactions: HipKat
Can you check the TV for proper grounding?

OTOH, there are some very nice TVs out there today at very tempting prices

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)