Here is my SILVER & BLACK 2009 winning schedule

all drafted rookies (that havent been waived that is) are officially signed and on the practice field. Very good start considering the majority of 1st rounders have yet to sign.

all drafted rookies (that havent been waived that is) are officially signed and on the practice field. Very good start considering the majority of 1st rounders have yet to sign.

Very true. I am looking forward to this season with alot of excitement. The Raiders turn the corner this year and hopefully NEXT season, become serious playoff contenders.

All of a sudden, you have faith in Al Davis?

In Al Davis, for this year, MAYBE. He DID keep Cable after the team responded well to his coaching at the end of last year, to many, it may have not meant much, but that was pretty big considering the carousel of coaches the Raiders have had for the last few years. It's Cable job to lose, IF he gets just 1 more win but with an improving team, he will be back next year....plain and simple.

In Al Davis, for this year, MAYBE. He DID keep Cable after the team responded well to his coaching at the end of last year, to many, it may have not meant much, but that was pretty big considering the carousel of coaches the Raiders have had for the last few years. It's Cable job to lose, IF he gets just 1 more win but with an improving team, he will be back next year....plain and simple.
Nah - it just means Cable was willing to work cheap, and kiss Al's a**.

Nah - it just means Cable was willing to work cheap, and kiss Al's a**.

Hwo do you get that? He went from the offensive line coach to head coach and got a pay increase. YEAH, he is cheaper than most because he is a 1st time head coach.

...now about kissing a$$....yeah, that could be.

Hwo do you get that? He went from the offensive line coach to head coach and got a pay increase. YEAH, he is cheaper than most because he is a 1st time head coach.
Salsa, don't you see a trend developing here? Cable, Kiffen, Callahan, Gruden. Al keeps rolling the dice with first time head coaches. Maybe he thinks his own coaching genius !sadroll will rub off on them. Even if lightning strikes, as with Gruden, he'll leave for a better boss as soon as possible. Al needs to hire a good GM, open up the checkbook and step back, then MAYBE the Raiders will begin to recover some of their pride and poise.

Also, I fully expect Michael Vick to be on the Raiders' sideline by mid-season.

My Raiders won yesterday I know is only pre season game but a win none the less
Team looks good hope it continues the on the regular season
GO RAIDERS!!!!

My Raiders won yesterday I know is only pre season game but a win none the less
Team looks good hope it continues the on the regular season
GO RAIDERS!!!!

Only the preseason my friend. But I must admit both the defense and offense looked good....not great, but good. I like that JaMarcus did a very good job on making quick decision on who he was going to throw to and not looked wishy-washy or lost. I LOVED how the O-line liked when it came to run blocking. The defense looked solid, but still need to improve the run defense up the middle, otherwise, the defense looked good. The 2nd team looked VERY strong and it looks like we will have some depth.

All in all, I give the team a solid "B" for the 1st preseason game.

Only the preseason my friend. But I must admit both the defense and offense looked good....not great, but good. I like that JaMarcus did a very good job on making quick decision on who he was going to throw to and not looked wishy-washy or lost. I LOVED how the O-line liked when it came to run blocking. The defense looked solid, but still need to improve the run defense up the middle, otherwise, the defense looked good. The 2nd team looked VERY strong and it looks like we will have some depth.

All in all, I give the team a solid "B" for the 1st preseason game.
Agreed plus all the haters are very quiet! So you you they did ok!!:D

remember my prediction guys ;). like salsa said, 7 to 9 wins imo!

Last edited:

NFL Eliminator Challange Pool

Winter Classic 2010

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)