Hey check this out!!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

IntelPennny4

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 28, 2016
USA
So I was outside tonight and thought to myself it would be cool to have a beacon light at the tip of the lnb so I pick one of the lawn lights up and this is what it looks like. Now only if I could get it to blink hehehe.
IMG_0432.JPG

I just wedged in between the two coax wires and they hold it in place. I'm sure if A gust of wind came alone it would blow off. Just want to let the planes know not to land here hehehe. It's not bright really. I'm working on a better idea for a brighter light. I'll take more pictures tomorrow when there is more light

So I was outside tonight and thought to myself it would be cool to have a beacon light at the tip of the lnb so I pick one of the lawn lights up and this is what it looks like. Now only if I could get it to blink hehehe. View attachment 128611

You could mount a laser on top. That would muster a lot of attention, especially from the FAA. They're kinda touchy about pointing lasers skyward. I use a green laser on my feed alignment tool I made. I can see it a half mile away when I shine it on a tree. :) I have a old Houston Tracker LNBF that has a green pilot light on it. You can see it from the road at night.

Or I could Broadcast.

This is Arcadia broadcasting on the emergency frequency.

There is no infection. Repeat, there is no infection.

We offer safety and security, food and shelter.

If you are out there, we will help you. There is hope.

Anyone know that movie????

Or I could Broadcast.

This is Arcadia broadcasting on the emergency frequency.

There is no infection. Repeat, there is no infection.

We offer safety and security, food and shelter.

If you are out there, we will help you. There is hope.

Anyone know that movie????

I don't recall that movie. What was it? If the food includes NY Strip steaks, I'll be right over. :clapping

Resident evil afterlife is the movie. No not steak. I'm not a red meat eater makes me sick

Reactions: wvman
Resident evil afterlife is the movie. No not steak. I'm not a red meat eater makes me sick

Me loves a nice, thick, juicy T-Bone cooked medium with a baked potato, bacon bits and melted cheese. Yum, Yum. :) I heard a joke you might like. This guy was ordering in a restaurant and the man at the next table overheard him ordering a thick, juicy steak. The guy chimed in and said, i hate red meat, I am a vegetarian, I don't eat meat.

The man ordering the steak said, "did you know that vegetarian is a native American term?" He said, no, what does it mean? The guy said,"Bad Hunter?" :D Anyway, I never saw that movie. I may have to look that one up. Thanks for filling me in.

Reactions: dl76
I'm sure a lot of ppl have had a lot of ideas of that. I'm working on something different I'll show you guys in a couple of weeks got to put it together first tho. Nice joke vman. I am a Native American and have never hunt in my life so makes sense to me hehehe. Wouldn't cost that much if ya used LEDS :). Hey keystone I am putting something together so hold your horses and wait for more pictures :)

Reactions: FTA4PA and wvman
I'm sure a lot of ppl have had a lot of ideas of that. I'm working on something different I'll show you guys in a couple of weeks got to put it together first tho. Nice joke vman. I am a Native American and have never hunt in my life so makes sense to me hehehe. Wouldn't cost that much if ya used LEDS :). Hey keystone I am putting something together so hold your horses and wait for more pictures :)

LED's are a good idea. There was a guy who lived just up the road from us who hung lights on everything. Trees, fence lines, his gutters and his satellite dish, UNTIL one year when he put up the lights. He went outside piddling with them and touched the down spout on his house. His wife saw the lights flicker and went outside looking for him. She found him stretched out in the flower bed out like a light.

Luckily, she was a nurse and she started CPR on him while her daughter called the EMS. The insulation on the extension cord had been cut by the metal gutter, which made everything hot. He nearly died. He spent that Christmas in the hospital, and that was the last of the Christmas lights. That Christmas was nearly his last. :(

One of those cheap garden solar lights would work well, just remove the LED(s) and run a long wire to mount the emitters on or near your LNB(f). the battery/solar part can sit in the sun somewhere out of sight. Think they make blinking LED components, maybe switch out the original LEDs with those and way you go!
Google blinking LEDs. Not sure if they come with proper ballast resistor etc... Most garden type LED solar units have two AA batteries so 3v type would be what to look for.
Have fun!!

edit:
have one of these signs posted neaby too:
hxxp://www.safetysign.com/products/4996/caution-rf-radiation-hazard-sign?s=st1ztfjlzsk15njzspjhlzbsmf
:)

Reactions: IntelPennny4
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)