Hey, new free speed upgrade =-)

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Well the question I had was when they did the upgrades in previous years did Business upgrades follow? Did they usually do residential first then business? This is obviously not the first time they have done speed upgrades I just wonder how they handled it in the past.

The answer is that I am not sure. I am sorry I wasn't more specific when I said I only most recently have been selling VO accounts as opposed to residential. As far as I know the VO is fairly recent (as in two years, maybe three). Before it was just residential or business and you couldn't get a static IP at a residential address. Previously, I wasn't keeping track of business speeds. Since I have been dealing with VO it has always been the three packages, the top being Ultimate with 15/2. It has never gone up.

This is the first time that residential has matched the speeds of business, and actually surpassed in the 20/2 scenerio. I am wanting to know what they are planning to do next. There is no history to go off of, as in, "they always increase residential speed and then commercial." It just isn't there as far as I know.

Yea that would be interesting to know, I am sure they will be doing something at least matching the speeds for business.. Have you ran speed test since the upgrade on a VO account? Perhaps they have done the upgrades but made no big announcement? They upgraded us here in orlando from 10 to 15 without really a peep.

Yea that would be interesting to know, I am sure they will be doing something at least matching the speeds for business.. Have you ran speed test since the upgrade on a VO account? Perhaps they have done the upgrades but made no big announcement? They upgraded us here in orlando from 10 to 15 without really a peep.

Yeah, I have been doing speed tests the last few days with no increase. As far as the residential speed increase they have announced it on the Tampa Bay BHN website and are calling the speed increase Roadrunner Turbo.

I'm in Clearwater. I pay +$10 for the tier above standard (who knows what it's called; BHN's pricing on their website is confused).

Tampa:

Atlanta:

PS, I mostly use my Internet for business. I'd be insane to pay what they want for VO. I'd like a static IP, but the truth is that I have colo servers for that sort of thing. Also, my home router (Apple Airport) actually does real DNS updates (not that third-party DynDNS web stuff--actual DDNS updates), so I can find it when I'm elsewhere.

PS, I mostly use my Internet for business. I'd be insane to pay what they want for VO. I'd like a static IP, but the truth is that I have colo servers for that sort of thing. Also, my home router (Apple Airport) actually does real DNS updates (not that third-party DynDNS web stuff--actual DDNS updates), so I can find it when I'm elsewhere.

In my opinion, a VO account that ONLY has a static IP and a different modem should be the same speed and only $10-$20 more per month, not the current $60 extra ($105 instead of $45). Not only that, some now have 20/2 while that $105 price tag only buys you 15/2. Slower speed than some, double the price. Rubbish.

Still No Response As A Reseller To My Contact With Bhn Roadrunner Business Class. Is She On Vacation Or Ignoring Me? All I Did Was Inquire As To What Bhn Rr Was Going To Do For Business. It Is Foolish To Think It Costs $105/month For 15/2 With A Static Ip When You Can Get That Speed Or The Faster 20/2 Without A Static Ip For Less Than Half The Price. I've Said It Before And I'll Say It Again, It Should Not Cost $60 Extra For A Static Ip, Because That Is The Only Real Difference Between Residential And Vo Here. $10-$20 For A Static Ip With Matching Speeds, Tops!!!!

I Am Starting To Get Pissed At Bhn Again. Verizon Fios Is Offering Way Better Prices For Business And They Are Coming To St. Petersburg Soon. Not Only May I Take My Business To Verizon, But As A Reseller I Will Start Pushing Verizon Too.

I Do Not Like Being Ignored By This Lady At Bhn. It Is Not In My Nature To Accept Things As They Come When I Am Unhappy With Them. This Isn't Going To Stand Much Longer!

Don't know about the others. I first heard it might be a possibility on this site. Then it was confirmed here:

Orlando, FL - BHN - Page 238 - AVS Forum

Go about 2/3rds down to a posting by Mister J who works for BHN.

My understanding, the upgrade is limited to Turbo.

Not usually a ranter here, but I have to flush this...

Ugh, ....Bright House... why do I NOW have to have a digital combo just to pay you a little more for the speed I want on the internet connection, when I've already been paying you extra for it as RR Premium?? That's so ridiculous. Sell the combos to the other guys who want the cable... and perhaps don't have a satellite dish. I'm not in that category. The idea of paying for cable+phone+internet just to have internet (read: HIGHER speed net, just not net), or cable+internet or phone+internet.... no matter what... is not something I am interested in, especially considering you've sold me RR Premium standalone all this time..

There.. all better now.

Byron

Thanks for that reference. It does not show what the upstream speed is though, and most people are more interested in increasing that than needing higher downstream.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)