Hi Guys newbie here! Help findding if i have the right sat?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Tony-d

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 19, 2015
Fl
Hi Guys newbie here!

I am just now setting up my Ku dish and in preparation for adding my motor drive I am searching for my south most satellite. Witch I believe to be 83w KU AMC 9. I think I have it but I am not sure I am getting 6 channels 1 NYS MEDIA SVC CTR (color test pattern with a clock in lower left) 2 DSNG SPRINTER

3 KPRC Nustar 4 WWE Enc 9 scrambled 5 WWE Enc 10 scrambled and 6 Sane as channel 1

From time to time I have seen NBC news teams back feeding reports. I have searched the internet but have not been able to confirm that this is indeed AMC 9.

Like I said I am new at this.

Thanks

1 NYS MEDIA SVC CTR (color test pattern with a clock in lower left)

Looks like you got it.
12155 V 3978

Keep in mind when setting up a motor that your "southern most satellite" is just a starting point - unless you happen to live exactly in line with that satellite.
Dishpointer.com can be a great help.

Not sure what that means, (i'm New.) As soon as one of my buddies shows up i will a jest the dish and lnb for max signal. and write down the numbers!
Thanks

Welcome to SatelliteGuys Tony-d !!!!!
Like others have said, yes you are on the right bird.
Feel free to post any question, we love to help out!! :)

I am very bad at code, i have T down, I am now working hard on E!
Thanks again!

Good luck on getting the dish. It is a great deal, especially if the seller is willing to help load! I would see if it could be hauled assembled if you can drive a short distance to your home during low traffic. Probably should upgrade the smallish18" actuator to a more appropriate 24 or 36" up the road, but looks solid and in good condition.

Well thank you very much. I think i can just place it on a landscape trailer, not a long ride.
I see if i can get it and put it up in the fall when it cools down, and up grade at that time. I want to learn my ku system first.
But I do not wish to pass on a good deal.
Thanks again!
Tony

Here is a 10' in the back of my 10' trailer. Used the trailer side rails to support to not to tweek the reflector. Many members have also hauled flat with a bit of overhang...

IMG_1.JPG
IMG_2.JPG

If the seller still has everything connected, park the satellite on a specific satellite before disconnecting and take note of what satellite was selected. Since the dish will be hauled a short distance, the elevation/declination angle settings should not need to be changed. Just in case bolts are loosened, mark the elevation and declination angles on the mount with chalk or a Sharpe. If the motor needs to be removed for transport, mark where the actuator tube is clamped. These simple steps will help get the dish installed, aimed and simplify the transplant. :)

Reactions: FTA4PA
Thank you for the pics and info, i do know that he has cut the cables and has no knowledge of how it worked so what the heck. It just adds to the fun.
i'll take a ride out there sat and see what i can do.
Thanks

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)