SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 6, 2006
Wales, UK
Hi there new member from the united kingdom here,

I would like to say hi to you all

WELCOME

:welcome

I am from the UK......... Well Glasgow, Scotland!

Where do you hail from in Wales?

Very nice! My brother went to University near there!

Wales the HOME of 'PACE' satellite receivers! I used to have the surround sound version with the 4 built in amplifiers! (Very Nice back then)

We have a L O N G way to go in FTA satellite before we catch up with the UK and indeed Europe. But with THANKS to this forum we are GETTING there!

Any news about FTA satellite in the UK, we are VERY interested in BSKYB and the BBC's FreeView satellite service!

ONLY a matter of time before a similar project is launched here in the US after all BSKYB and DirecTV are the same company!

PSB said:
Very nice! My brother went to University near there!

Wales the HOME of 'PACE' satellite receivers! I used to have the surround sound version with the 4 built in amplifiers! (Very Nice back then)

We have a L O N G way to go in FTA satellite before we catch up with the UK and indeed Europe. But with THANKS to this forum we are GETTING there!

Any news about FTA satellite in the UK, we are VERY interested in BSKYB and the BBC's FreeView satellite service!

ONLY a matter of time before a similar project is launched here in the US after all BSKYB and DirecTV are the same company!

Pretty funny as the U.S was the leading nation back in the 80's and the early 90's with all the nice large dishes and gears for it, Orbitron, Paraclipse, Winegard, KTI, you name it....

You had tons of satellites back then broadcasting nice channels, i remember having the Chaparral Monterey back in 1989 when i had my 10 foot dish in Europe for catching the weak KU-band sats.

What happened? did it die overnight?

rd100 said:
Hi there new member from the united kingdom here,

I would like to say hi to you all

I don't like you. You have all the good FTA channels over there. :D

Welcome to the forum. I have only been here for a couple of months, and am a newbie. But you will find this site has a lot of cool people that are always willing to help out with questions. I hope you enjoy it here.

taelon721 said:
I don't like you. You have all the good FTA channels over there. :D

Welcome to the forum. I have only been here for a couple of months, and am a newbie. But you will find this site has a lot of cool people that are always willing to help out with questions. I hope you enjoy it here.

We don't have so many FTA channels here if you aren't looking for Arabic and Russian channels, everything that is good is encrypted.

About 11000 channels you can get here, FTA and encrypted.

Likvid said:
Pretty funny as the U.S was the leading nation back in the 80's and the early 90's with all the nice large dishes and gears for it, Orbitron, Paraclipse, Winegard, KTI, you name it....

You had tons of satellites back then broadcasting nice channels, i remember having the Chaparral Monterey back in 1989 when i had my 10 foot dish in Europe for catching the weak KU-band sats.

The MAIN reason that there is so much FTA in Europe is because of all the smaller close by counties and the open borders in the European comunities.

The PAY satellite market is about saturated in the UK, everyone who wants it and can afford it has it! So it was a no brainer that they would open the technology to the masses. I don't know there is just something that resonates with the word FREE and TV to the British :)

Likvid said:

The little dish companies hurt C Band which until recently was where the most action was. With the rise of FTA more folks are getting into it and former C banders are returning to the hobby. Hope the trend continues!

I'm also from the UK, joined 6 months ago,not far from the Welsh border. My "satellite downlink" setup is at my mother's place near a town called Newent in the county of Gloucestershire. May I say hello to everyone from the UK and US!

Hello mate I am also from England (Melton Mowbray). I had Sky when it first came out in England. I had it installed on a one month free trial and called to cancel before the 30 days were up. However, they didn't take it back until after 2 and a half years.
They were so busy contracting installs and didn't have time to take them back. I remember the Tyson fights, WWF events all use to come on SKY Movies. It was really neat as most of my friend were at home watch the 4 channels they received via OTA which were BBC1, BBC2, Central(ITV) and Channel4.

Welcome mate.

I guess I'll jump on the Bandwagon... Yorkshire Lad here, but now in So Cal..

And I have been too damn busy to play, moved home and didnt get the dish backup until a few days ago.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts