History/Biography gone ?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Iceberg, what TPs are you using for History and Biography channels? The reason I ask is because maybe by manually entering them in versus blind scan they will show up on some receivers.

WOW, S-70 Q-70 TONIGHT!!

Usually Q of 35 in the evening if it comes in at all.

I'm still using my Glorystar 90cm dish have made no adjustments.
Maybe they put SES 1 in service?
What is everybody else seeing?

Jim

Last edited:
BIO History

I am having trouble with them today, just can't seam to get a good lock, it has been a wile since I tried, anyway is this because of ZombieSat, or is it my system?

sounds like your system.
They were there this morning when I was setting up the Visionsat to the 2nd motorized.

4 channels in the clear. These 2 with AC-3 and MPEG audio

I have been trying to get these channels but they won't show up when I scan this satellite. I have about 70% signal. I am able to get 4 foreign channels, Serbian, Korean, Dutch, and Polish. Could it be something with my receiver not being able to decode?

I have been trying to get these channels but they won't show up when I scan this satellite. I have about 70% signal. I am able to get 4 foreign channels, Serbian, Korean, Dutch, and Polish. Could it be something with my receiver not being able to decode?

Are you sure that you are scanning the correct transponder or have the polarity set correctly? This transponder is very strong and easy to lock.

TP Frequency: 12060
Polarity: Horizontal
Symbol Rate: 26700

Ok I am able to receive the channels, I get great signal strength, but the quality is way low and falls off, I get RTV, and TuffTV great so I don't think I am having any trouble with my Ku side, I know I was getting Bio and History great a couple of months ago, so any ideas on where I should look?
Thanks
Terry

TM, first try blind-scanning the satellite and see if you get any channels. If you do, then verify that you are getting both H & V channels. If you are, then I'd pick a weak channel and try tweaking the dish a little. Have somebody go out to the dish while you watch the signal strength screen , and have them slightly push down on the bottom, and pull up a little from the bottom edge of the dish, to see if either way improves the signal. If you can get TuffTV but not that strong satellite at 101, sounds like the dish-tracking is off somehow.

That's what I was thinking, I will have my daughter watch the signal wile I push up and down on the dish rim, just in case this is the problem where can I find information on setting up the dish? I have never done that before.
It just kind of surprises me because I had a real good signal on this sat a couple of months ago, and now poor signal quality.
Thanks
Terry

The signal is screaming here in Minnesota on a 30" dish

79-80 on the CS5000 (max is 82)
90 on Visonsat

Ok I tweeked my dish and am able to get a little bit better signal, atleast it does not drop out now when I watch them, I pulled down on the bottom of the dish and lost the signal, I pushed up and got a little bit better signal, I see there is a bolt that I can adjust for the up down on the dish, but I think there is more to it then that, can some one direct me on what I need to do?
Thanks
Terry

Ok so I peaked the dish as close as I could from the receiver, then went out and adjusted the up down, I could only turn the nut like half a turn to raise the dish before I started to loose the signal, I was able to gain a little bit but not much, then wile I was up there I tweek the dish left and right I lost signal both directions, I have a great picture, but the signal quality is like maybe 40% up the bar, it does not tell me a number so can't tell you that, from what you guys have saud I should be able to get better then that, does anyone have any other suggestions? I am getting a good solit picture, but you know how it is, would like the best possible signal strength.
Thanks
Terry

Ok a new developement:
Today I had to rescan some sats, don't know what happend but I lost all of my channels, anyway I got History, and Bio scanned in, the signal was ok but not great, the sky got overcast and the signal kept comming in and going out, for what ever reason I got the idea to bypass the diSeq switch, or how ever you spell it ;) anyway I get a decent signal, so now is there a big difference in switches, and if so what would most of you recoment?
Thanks for your help
Terry

You might have had a switch going bad the entire time! Sorry we didn't think of that one, that should always be the first thing you check. Single ports will go bad on a switch, or the entire thing can get rotten. The Chieta brand of switch has been recommended a lot on the forum here, I think mine are all made by Whammo or somebody, if one goes bad I just chuck it and swap to another one.
Have you got the switch where it should be-in between the motor and the lnb, and not between receiver and motor?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts