History Gone?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

KE4EST

SatelliteGuys Is My Second Home
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 9, 2004
EM75xb
Looks like History went dark at midnight eastern time.......:eek:.....:(

The timing of this event would seem to indicate a policy change and not equipment related:( We may have seen the last of HN freebies

Not good news for starting 2012.
Maybe they´re taking the day off...wishful thinking.
Kinda makes you wonder if it´s for good because of the timing. Is it a contract thing?
What was the last time you all watched it last night? Or how early did you notice it gone this morning? Was it cutoff at midnight? The last I watched yesterday was at around 6 pm. :(

Also you can add to the list the Fox News and Business audio are also both gone from that transponder so I'm wondering if their having and issue with it and not a pulling the channels. I've got a good 78 signal quality on it.

Last edited:
History channel on Hotel NW gone again?

Woke up to a black screen on History channel this morning. Is everyone else seeing this too? Others on SES seem fine (except Bio of course).

I enjoyed it while I had it!

Happy new year,
Steve

oh and I merged a couple threads together (I really wish folks would look to see if a thread is already active before creating one....had 3 threads in 3 spots) ;)

Yeah some were wondering about time, I was watching and it went dark right at Midnight eastern time. Maybe it will return soon.

It would seem very bizarre to have an engineer scheduled to reconfigure the MUX at midnight on New Year's Eve. Not saying that it wouldn't happen, just that this seems a bit odd...... Overnight station PlayBack operators have been know to rewire for their own "Viewing Pleasure" with often disastrous results... LOL!!!

I dont't have access to TS reader today, but it would be interesting to view the tables and see if they have changed encoders or the MUX builds.

I suspect that since it was near midnight on December 31st that it was a contract issue of sorts. Deadline for the previous contract expired at midnight the 31st, it wasn't renewed and "POOF"! Off it went. They have been advertising that in-room streaming option for quite a while now. What were they calling it? They were comparing it to NETFlix in a way, but more up-to-date with new releases and shows.

I would put money on the notion that the Hotel Network was planning this for quite a while. Probably offering internet service and streaming video programs in a package to hotels and dropping their old style satellite feeds for just TV channels.

I might be wrong, but I had some gut feeling for a long time that something was up here.

RADAR

I got suspicious when last Sunday I noticed the commercials went to normal, like every where else you would have History. The Hotel media stuff was not there, so that is why I been checking every night.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)