History Gone?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
There is a glimmer of hope!

Hotel Networks has reappeared at 12123 H 4650 symbol rate. Only NHK and RT are there but the audio is ITC. This transponder seems to be quite a bit stronger than the old one.

EDIT: Might be 12125 as BVN blind scans in 2 points lower than actual on my box.

Pansat 150 scans it in at 12126H and a sr of 4638.

Well Dish Network is off the options list. They do a credit check. I don't do credit. At all.
My credit score is ZERO and I want it to remain at ZERO forever. I don't and won't borrow money.
I have no loans, I owe no money, I have no credit cards and refuse to ever have one. EVERYTHING I own is paid in full.
I pay with green cash or debit card only. If I can't pay for it in full then I do without until I can.

Did you not read what we have posted before?

Buy a 211k receiver for $100-$125
install your own dish
call up Dish (or PM one of the DIRT members here) and activate the account

no credit check
no contract
you can pay with check, money order or debit/credit card

Dish also appears to be in bed with the DEVIL, AT&T.
It also appears they REQUIRE you to pay for a "professional" installation. Self install is not an option.
I can't just purchase a tuner and a dish and set them up myself. I think by now I am fully capable and qualified to set up a puny little pizza dish.
I don't want to pay for a "professional" installation anyway. I want it installed MY way, the way I say and with better wires than they would provide.
They also require a 2 year contract.

Their website is SNAKEY and SLIMY. You can't get to a point where you can see the details of the contract without first providing them with all your personal information.
I read also that they use your SS# as your account number. NOPE.......
who the hell did you call? One of those mailers you got?
Dish is not "in bed" with AT&T....dont know where you got that
You can do your own install IF YOU BUY THE EQUIPMENT...If you lease then they do the install
if you buy the equipment there is NO CONTRACT

Did you not read what we have posted before?

Buy a 211k receiver for $100-$125
install your own dish
call up Dish (or PM one of the DIRT members here) and activate the account

no credit check
no contract
you can pay with check, money order or debit/credit card

who the hell did you call? One of those mailers you got?
Dish is not "in bed" with AT&T....dont know where you got that
You can do your own install IF YOU BUY THE EQUIPMENT...If you lease then they do the install
if you buy the equipment there is NO CONTRACT

Got it... Thank you.. :eek:

I think I just figured it out-HOtel's contract for carriage of those channels must've ended 12-31, hence they're gone. Probably because somebody wanted a bigger chunk of change for them to rebroadcast the channels. At least thats what it smells like to me.

Turbo, I figure we could've all chipped in a few bucks to help them out lol...I miss History and Bio....two of the first FTA channels I ever watched way back when..
Blind

I think I just figured it out-HOtel's contract for carriage of those channels must've ended 12-31, hence they're gone. Probably because somebody wanted a bigger chunk of change for them to rebroadcast the channels. At least thats what it smells like to me.

they could have gone IP

Sure hope not! Since some channels are back, maybe there's hope yet lol. And yes Blind I would've subscribed if they would've considered it, but there's probably 10pages in their contract why they wouldn't.

I have a feeling that since they have reprogrammed the mux with a low symbol rate and only have nhk and rt that this is permanent. Considering this... What exactly was this mux for. They must not have any customers on it. Wha hotel would order only 2 channels and put up with no TV for days during the reprogram?

If you could find a hotel that had been using The Hotel Network, maybe you could get a KU dish or two.

Just a thought. :)

So is it safe to assume that the Hotel Network is dead and gone? At least satellite wise?
Safe to assume that the History Channel is history?
Safe to go ahead and take down or move our dishes that pointed at 101?
Safe to assume that it will never be back?

:(

I think they are a part of Lodge Net which is huge in the hotel world. They should have used there position to sell direct to home. I would have paid 10 bucks a month for 10 channels. Heck I would have even prepaid a year in advance.

So is it safe to assume that the Hotel Network is dead and gone? At least satellite wise?
Safe to assume that the History Channel is history?
Safe to go ahead and take down or move our dishes that pointed at 101?
Safe to assume that it will never be back?

:(

nothing in FTA is "safe"....well when Equity went belly up that was probably the "safest" thing we knew wasnt coming back...although it is still technically on 118.7 C-Band but a shell of itself.

If you guys can hold out just for a little bit longer, History will return. If not the 4th, then the 5th. And I'm not talking 'month'.

What happened to this guy's comment?
He seemed to be "in the know".

Kinda reminded me of this.....
DHave, do you know this Dave?

[youtube]PziOfL29rOo[/youtube]

Last edited:
Just scanned 101 again and those channels that scanned in yesterday aren't there now.
EDIT: Correction: They ARE there, something was wrong with my first scan....off the beam here, lol.

Last edited:
:tombstone: Hotel / History... Pass out the forks.

It was good while it lasted. :cry:

I guess it's time to find a new target for that old 101 dish.. :(

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)