History HD - Today?

Voom channels always seem to get trampled as "not as valuable". I tend to watch a ton of FilmFest, World Cinema, Monster and Kung Fu TV. On occasion I watch the Family HD channel and RAVE (which had concerts with a first air date of 8/5/07 and 7/16/07 yesterday so it's not "all repeats")

So, are the Voom channels "real" HD channels? YUP! To me they are more valuable than A&E, Animal Planet, and MHD!

See ya
Tony

Amen, Brotha!

I'll still be watching more Voom, than any of the USAs, TBSs or FXs that launch in the near future.

I think the Voom bashers probably don't watch to much PBS. To each their own.

Dont have kids here, but if I did, I'd probably allow them to watch very few channels other than the Vooms. Kids dont need to be exposed to crap advertising, most of which they get from TV.

This crap advertising is causing a really pathetic group of shallow, self centered, not prepared for any type of repsonsibility generation of Americans...but i guess that's what America is really all about - our consumerism. Sad.

720p looks better to me than the 1080i anyway, i know my eyes ain't the best in the world or maybe my brain is thinking all prog. is better than interlaced anyway :)

Must be your eyes then. 1080i looks MUCH better on all 4 of my HDTVs. I have tried in vain to watch programs in 720p and be happy with the quality. To each his own.

AT the prison I work at ,we have Usa, TNT,TBS, along with Espn 1, Espn 2 and the Cnn headline news. IF inmates get them as part of basic cable , then most people watch them.

It's nice to see that I work hard and am an honest person who pays for cable and satellite while the douchebag criminals sit around prison watching Sex in the City reruns on TBS. Great way to spend our tax dollars. Make them watch PBS like they do here in the Tampa jails. Scumbags!

It's nice to see that I work hard and am an honest person who pays for cable and satellite while the douchebag criminals sit around prison watching Sex in the City reruns on TBS. Great way to spend our tax dollars. Make them watch PBS like they do here in the Tampa jails. Scumbags!

Actually they should see nothing on TV and hear nothing on the radio.

What are jails turning into? Country Clubs?

They changed a county jail in the next county over from here into a Hilton practically. Cable TV, personal shower, change of bedding, 3 squares and a phone.

I said "I can see why some people would do crime just to get in there. That's better accommodations than many of us get for being a working member of society."

Must be your eyes then. 1080i looks MUCH better on all 4 of my HDTVs. I have tried in vain to watch programs in 720p and be happy with the quality. To each his own.

I think it depends on what it is. If there is alot of fast movement (Nascar, Football etc) then 720p is the better choice. With 1080i the movement is more "pixelated". On the other hand, a nature channel or something would probably be better in 1080i but I guess thats what 1080p should fix.

I think it depends on what it is. If there is alot of fast movement (Nascar, Football etc) then 720p is the better choice. With 1080i the movement is more "pixelated". On the other hand, a nature channel or something would probably be better in 1080i but I guess thats what 1080p should fix.

We are all entitled to our own opinion so I want lol to loudly at this :)

But seriously CBS HD football BLOWS AWAY FOX....they are not even close.

Even my daughter can tell the difference......Maybe its just my area as my CBS has not sub channels and FOX does but it is no comparison.

PLUS my 1080p sets does a great job of deinterlacing a 1080i signal into
1080p goodness at its best :D

Speaking of promises I waited for two years when I subscribed to Direct for their "promises" that never happened. I prefer DISH keeping the wraps on until they actually have the channel. Wish they would add "FISH" channel back to their lineup with pictures from the Long Beach Acquarium of The Pacific.

Speaking of promises I waited for two years when I subscribed to Direct for their "promises" that never happened. I prefer DISH keeping the wraps on until they actually have the channel. Wish they would add "FISH" channel back to their lineup with pictures from the Long Beach Acquarium of The Pacific.

The "Fish" Channel is on 9443 during night time hours.

It's only on 61.5.

Basically when the stores are closed the fish are there.

Amen, Brotha!

This crap advertising is causing a really pathetic group of shallow, self centered, not prepared for any type of repsonsibility generation of Americans...but i guess that's what America is really all about - our consumerism. Sad.

FitzAusT

You mean like that Miss Teen South Carolina, she couldn't even utter a Sentence. 2 Minutes of mindless sentence fragmented drivel. "Such AS, US Americans, (pause) IRAQ, South Africa", WOW!

How about mixing in a Verb and or an adverb or two?

John

FitzAusT

You mean like that Miss Teen South Carolina, she couldn't even utter a Sentence. 2 Minutes of mindless sentence fragmented drivel. "Such AS, US Americans, (pause) IRAQ, South Africa", WOW!

How about mixing in a Verb and or an adverb or two?

John

Yeah, that was sad, but i'm cutting her some slack. i guess i'm chalking that performance up to nerves.

:up :up
I think it is unfortunate that 1080i was even proposed. We certainly don't need interlace in the 21st Century, but we desperately need bandwidth.
A standard of 720p would have made pro equipment cheaper, and providers would be able to provide PQ closer to the original - simply because the bandwidth needed for each channel would be less.
The majority of HDTV sets are native 720p and those with 1080p sets could still enjoy the higher resolution of HD-DVD.
PS It's currently looking that - unless they are allowed to count "Season Ticket" channels - DirecTV will never have more national HD channels than Dish Network.

I used to agree with your POV. Right up until I watched properly deinterlaced 1080 material on a 1080p display.

Cheers,

Dont have kids here, but if I did, I'd probably allow them to watch very few channels other than the Vooms. Kids dont need to be exposed to crap advertising, most of which they get from TV.

Actually, most of that comes from the Disney channel. :)

Well, it (HistoryHD) is up now and I'm glad to see it isn't stretched; however, it looks like not only are there pillar bars left and right there are bars upper and lower, like the show (MegaDisaster:Earthquake) was actually filmed in 16:9.

Who knows? Maybe they've adopted the A&E "HD" model.

=NLK=

Looks just like A & E hd channel. Oh well, I didn't really wouldn't watch this channel much anyway. I don't watch much of A & E either in hd because of the pillar bars on both sides of the picture. I hate black bars.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)