History HD - Today?

Anybody else seeing Closed Captioning only on History HD? I went to my preferences on the VIP622, and CC is turned off. This is the only channel I am seeing the Closed Captioning on.

Can you try turning the CC off on your menu setup on the DISH box, and see if you still see it on History HD? Just curious.

Yippie. One more channel on my "must have" list has gone HD. I wonder how long until History-International-HD comes to fruition.

At this rate "myhd" favorite list will be equal to the "ALL" favorite list :D Keep it coming. I will need to go out and buy more USB drives. :D

Yep, I am getting the closed captioning text too with everything off. It must be on the channel itself, maybe Dish is doing testing or something?

Anybody else seeing Closed Captioning only on History HD? I went to my preferences on the VIP622, and CC is turned off. This is the only channel I am seeing the Closed Captioning on.

Actually, I am seeing that very thing. I've confirmed that CC is off on the 622's menu, and it isn't on on any of the other channels*, but it is on for History HD for some reason.

*-the Animal Planet HD show one spot up the dial says it has CC available, but it wasn't showing on my 622.

Actually, I am seeing that very thing. I've confirmed that CC is off on the 622's menu, and it isn't on on any of the other channels*, but it is on for History HD for some reason.

*-the Animal Planet HD show one spot up the dial says it has CC available, but it wasn't showing on my 622.

I'm getting the CC as well...

Well, besides the CC issue, I couldn't be happier at getting History HD. Life is good. Did this channel just get launched in the last few days?

I will watch this more than tlc, disc, and science.

I was watching the How It's Made marathon on Science Channel HD most of yesterday into this morning. Certainly glad I switched up to HD.

A good friend of mine would kill for History HD, so I'll rub it in that they uplinked it. He's still on analog cable because they'd want a small fortune to upgrade to digital. Maybe he'll bite the bullet and get E*.

Yep Yep, I must say, this program looks good. I am very pleased. This is a pleasant surprise to make up for a lousy weekend of having my wallet stolen! :(

Now I can take advantage of the rest of the day I took off to take care of all that stuff and watch History HD!

THIS is a good example of how E* can make us happy. Bring us some great HD programing that we want to see. Thanks Charlie! Keep it coming.....

I like the way they did the announcement for the new channels which came in August. It was well done and got us all excited about August 15th. :)

Since the channel wasn't supposed to be live until 5 today, maybe they were just playing around with settings, testing things for a while.

In order to get the Guide info for this new channel (or any new channel), do (when you are not recording or delayed):
Menu-6-1-1
Click on Check Switch and then "Test".
When it is done and you cancel back to regular viewing, it will download the current Guide info which will have the new channel's Guide info.

I wonder what other new National Channels of HD we could see this month?? Anyone have any ideas??

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts