History HD - Today?

HD Notes in Guide

One thing I noticed that will be a very nice thing (if it stays this way) is that the Guide for HistHD shows "(HD)" for only certain shows (newer seasons of their main programming it looks like). Discovery networks could learn a few things from these guys.

In order to get the Guide info for this new channel (or any new channel), do (when you are not recording or delayed):
Menu-6-1-1
Click on Check Switch and then "Test".
When it is done and you cancel back to regular viewing, it will download the current Guide info which will have the new channel's Guide info.
Did not need to. Like the last time, they just showed up.

One thing I noticed that will be a very nice thing (if it stays this way) is that the Guide for HistHD shows "(HD)" for only certain shows (newer seasons of their main programming it looks like). Discovery networks could learn a few things from these guys.

I see the HD logo the left but no info available past the curent show. I will try a switch check to see if i get anew guide.

An episode of Maodern marvels was most decidedly stretched as well.

depends on the show.. I do think this is History's fault and not E*'s. HIstory will need more HD programming for this to work.

Exactly. As someone before posted, it's A&E all over again. DON'T expect anything better. For those who were salivating for this channel....too soon!

8:06PM EST-

Trying to watch Universe and the horrible audio sync reminds me of the early days of video editing on a computer. It sucks! Blows big time!

The picture looks great. Maybe I should just mute the sound and enjoy the picture.

That is about the worst lip-sync I've seen, and being in TV, I have to adjust lip-sync often. This could be History Channel's problem or Dish's. For it to be this far off, I would believe DIsh is not delaying the audio to match the delay in encoding (compressing) the video.

sound first.... then picture I always thought it was light, then the sound. :)

The 7:00pm CT showing of The Universe looks OK. Nothing jaw dropping, but good.

I wonder if Cartoon Network HD will be better? I mean things like Family Guy and Futurama should be available in at least 720p.

This might just be a big problem for us, where HD sources are still not available except for new programming. You'd think they could upscale at the uplink to humor us the same though.

I guess people will never be satisfied. First you want more HD channels, now. Then you get new channels. Then you complain that the picture stinks, it's too small, it's upconverted, there's a lip-synch problem...sheesh...it's NEW people, give it a chance. People want quantity over quality and they sure got it.

Exactly. As someone before posted, it's A&E all over again. DON'T expect anything better. For those who were salivating for this channel....too soon!

I didn't expect anything any different. We are going to see this same thing over and over and over with the new HD channels that D* and E* are adding. The satellite companies are just ahead of the game with the HD providers.

One thing positive though, it will continue to get better especially when the HD channel is on E* and D* at the same time. They will make it right for the folks watching at home.

This is really ignorant. I am embarrassed for you for posting such drivel.

Wanting your audio to sync with the picture is not too much to ask. The quantity over quality comments are tired, give it a rest. People want more channels and they want them to work. What is wrong with that? In all aspects of life humans want the most for their money.

I guess people will never be satisfied. First you want more HD channels, now. Then you get new channels. Then you complain that the picture stinks, it's too small, it's upconverted, there's a lip-synch problem...sheesh...it's NEW people, give it a chance. People want quantity over quality and they sure got it.

I think we view it as bittersweet because now we have this channel taking up space that could be served better by a channel that has more HD content..

Either that or A&E and History should be using commercial upscalers before it goes to E* to kinda pad the headache.. The HD to SD to HD flips would drive me nuts.

I do hope that we're not going to have a rushed rollout of HD channels with mostly SD, simply because of the demand for more more more..

Especially when we could have ESPN HD (in HD) 24/7... *ducks*

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)