Status
Please reply by conversation.

ikki

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Jan 22, 2009
Minnesota
I have a couple of questions and need enlightenment.

The W5 4DTV is just resold HITS Quantum on 105 West? Is this correct?

What would be involved in getting HITS Quantum to sell us authorization on 101 West?

I know in another thread some where throwing around the idea of renting transponder space. Couldn't we realistically form an LLC and approach HITS Quantum about having them authorize service from that bird.

Obviously collecting the required free's and what not.

The HITS channels on AMC 2/4 are in megapipe/combo mode and are not compatible with the 4dtv.

Unless we can get the LLC formed to shell out the upfront cash to get a new receiver built or modify the Starchoice box for HITS it won't happen. Like Photoman76 said it's megapipe /combo. It would be a fantastic thing to get ALL the HITS feed's, with the HD it would be great. It all rests on someone spending the $$$$$$$$ to get another STB. Any Takers ;)

The DSR-505 will.

I'm not so sure that the DSR-505 does megapipe. I don't think Shaw Direct (Star Choice) used megapipe. Their transponders aren't wide enough to handle a 29266 symbol rate. They use Turbo 8psk for their HD channels.

I'm not so sure that the DSR-505 does megapipe. I don't think Shaw Direct (Star Choice) used megapipe. Their transponders aren't wide enough to handle a 29266 symbol rate. They use Turbo 8psk for their HD channels.

505 should be able to with an add on board, upcoming 630s should be able to do megapipe and dvb-s2.

So is it unreasonable to think that reselling this service cant be done?

I am half tempted to call CCMC and flat out ask what the terms would be and more importantly, would they do it.

The 505 will do combo it's the same as a Voom 550 and that did combo/megapipe.

So is it unreasonable to think that reselling this service cant be done?

I am half tempted to call CCMC and flat out ask what the terms would be and more importantly, would they do it.

You can call CMC and ask. If you dangle enough green they will bite. Comcast is greedy, they love lettuce :eek: :D

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts