Holsted Does it Again...Somebody Please HELP!!!!!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

fulphil

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 13, 2006
So they came out and put the round dishes up, (did not rewire!) and threw on a different multi switch. The picture still is blurry in the background and sometimes has a green/ gray tone.....on sides of faces and in the picture if it is a dark scene. I cannot figure this thing out....Directv said they wanted it to be rewired and went through this whole procees and were very upset. They set them up to come out and install it all over again and....this morning Holsted calls me and says they are not coming out to fix this issue. I am livid, If someone can help! I would appreciate it so much.....If someone can help me with a good private install company up here in Windsor Ct or Ct for that matter. Ps....It is not the TV as the tv works fine with rabbit ears, DVD, PS2, and a neighbors digital cable connection....I also bought a $188.00 tv at walmart and the same issue is happening with that, so please someone Help. Here is a list of the transponders and the signal strength.

All transponders are 89+

signal strenght is great 101- 1-98% 2-97%
119- 25-100% 26- 99% 27- 97%

I can resubmit the set up of picture if you would like, I would do anything for some help at this point. My family and I are so frustrated by the treatment of Holsted towards us and by this situation as a whole.

Somebody please help me out

I need someone to help me please

One thing I am wondering about is what type of RG6 cable are you using-solid copper center or copper coated steel center? Also the distance and what type connectors-crimp on or compression? Has any water ever got in to wick it? Are you near any medical facility that uses high magnet equipment? Don't really know enough about your situation to help but suggest you check things I mentioned or get a competent educated installer.Good luck.

rg-6 eagle aspen wiring...the wire has a blu ring on it

fulphil said:
rg-6 eagle aspen wiring...the wire has a blu ring on it

This may have been covered but....have you tried running new wires yourself? I don't know if your dish is accessible enough. If so, at least you would know if this is the problem. You don't have to run them through the walls, just open a window.

one tv is hdtv ready...26 inch lcd Sharp Aquas...ga5u...the other was a $188.00 Apex Walmart tv....both pictures are the same.

Hdmi? Stev What is that...I tried a new receiver I have a r-10 Tivo....Does that have HDMI on it? Anyway, I need to try to run those lines from the dish to the receiver.

raoul5788 said:
This may have been covered but....have you tried running new wires yourself? I don't know if your dish is accessible enough. If so, at least you would know if this is the problem. You don't have to run them through the walls, just open a window.

yea but why should he have to do all that crap, when its d*'s job to fix this hack job. and it sounds like d* and holsted may part ways, since they are refusing to do to the work d* is contracting with them to do

RIRWIN1983 said:
yea but why should he have to do all that crap, when its d*'s job to fix this hack job. and it sounds like d* and holsted may part ways, since they are refusing to do to the work d* is contracting with them to do

I agree he should not have to do it himself, but it sounds like he might. At least he might find out what is wrong.

dudes, google "aquas problems".

i really tried to help phil, numerous phone calls, sent a MSP tech there who KNOWS HD, he saw the aquas and ...LEFT.

there is a problem with this SHARP tv, i read some on different sites, but it is NOT just directv, ,,,,dish and motorola also have problems with the entire line aquas line , from 26 inch to 50 plus inches

phil, i tried and you know that is fact.

dragon002 said:
dudes, google "aquas problems".

i really tried to help phil, numerous phone calls, sent a MSP tech there who KNOWS HD, he saw the aquas and ...LEFT.

there is a problem with this SHARP tv, i read some on different sites, but it is NOT just directv, ,,,,dish and motorola also have problems with the entire line aquas line , from 26 inch to 50 plus inches

phil, i tried and you know that is fact.

He said both tv's had the same problem, though.

RIRWIN,why does it sound like HALSTED,AND DIRECTV may part ways?Halsted is a pretty big company in at least 5 states in the northeast,for d*.The wiring sounds fine,as the lines from the dish have nothing to do with picture quality!!!If the lines were bad,your signal would be in and out on some or all transponders.

go to walmart and buy another TV plug it in and try that. If it is still messed up then you know its not the tv, and you can return the tv to wal-mart.

guys it is happening on both tv's I did that, I went to Walmart and bought a tv and the picture was doing the same thing...I swear to you. The tech that came out saw the problem and when we hooked up the other it was there as well....he was at a loss.

could it be the compression connectors or what have you at the end of each line?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)