Holsted Does it Again...Somebody Please HELP!!!!!

Status
Please reply by conversation.
A kink in the cable would not cause that. Again no colors are being sent accross the wire, only a radio signal which needed to be decoded at the other end by the receiver.

When you are tuned to lets say HBO your receiver is actually is actually looking at a full transponder off the satellite it then decodes the transponder and finds the correct stream for HBO (On that transponder is also 8 other channels), decodes this stream and then displays it on your TV.

A kink in the cable could cause problems in the analog world, but we are not in the analog world here this is digital a bunch of zeros and ones with error corrections.

Again it's not the Dish or the switch thats the problem.

Scott I live in Windsor, do you want to com out and see this install and see what is up with this hacxk job....

there you go scott,

you could do an investigative report, and post the findings on here.

you could go over to wbgh, boston and toss this old house right off of pbs!!
i can see it now,, "pimp this dish, scott g. host.

No thanks.

I am just trying to explain to you how Satellite TV works, its definately not a crimp in the cable, nor no matter how bad the install looks its nothing with the Dish or switch they put in.

There is nothing to fix. Its not a Satellite Dish or Switch issue.

I am not a Satellite Installer nor do I play one on TV. :D

then if it isn't the dish or the wires or install then why did this not happen until they put the second dish up and Why is it happening on a brand new r-10 dvr and on both types of tv's? this is why i am questioning this? I want to get to the bottom of things guys, I want to fix this issue. I would have anyone who wants to come over and look at this come. I want it to be fixed. It cannot be the receiver..or the wires and if it is that would be great cause I could just switched those up and have this fixed....but i have tried everything..av cables, s-video, new dvr, old dvr, new hughes receiver downstairs, everything. I have to buy these r-6 cables and put them from the dish right through the front door and into the dvr and see what that does.......question is guys do i have to have 2 wires? cause I will go down to radio shack today and try that....

Phil, Dead link above me. Send it to me (or anyone else) if you want us to post it for you. I also resized those previous photos to 800x600 for those that might now have a viewer that will do it automatically or will just view them in their browser window. Seeing these I am still leaning to replacing that receiver.

Attachments

• IMG_0070.JPG
    IMG_0070.JPG
    31.6 KB · Views: 96
  • IMG_0092.JPG
    IMG_0092.JPG
    99.7 KB · Views: 95
  • IMG_0089.JPG
    IMG_0089.JPG
    35.6 KB · Views: 83
  • IMG_0085.JPG
    IMG_0085.JPG
    43.2 KB · Views: 85
  • IMG_0076.JPG
    IMG_0076.JPG
    58.9 KB · Views: 84
  • IMG_0073.JPG
    IMG_0073.JPG
    72.6 KB · Views: 84
Last edited:
Scott Greczkowski said:

I agree but i think phil wont be able to sleep right until he gets all new wiring to finally convince him of that.

Last edited:
Posted for Phil:

I left off some of the redundant shots; just ask and I can up those as well.

Attachments

• IMG_0102.JPG
    IMG_0102.JPG
    124.9 KB · Views: 126
  • IMG_0104.JPG
    IMG_0104.JPG
    152.8 KB · Views: 118
  • IMG_0110.JPG
    IMG_0110.JPG
    84.5 KB · Views: 115
  • IMG_0119.JPG
    IMG_0119.JPG
    96.4 KB · Views: 121
  • IMG_0101.JPG
    IMG_0101.JPG
    89 KB · Views: 114
Last edited:
fulphil said:
then if it isn't the dish or the wires or install then why did this not happen until they put the second dish up and Why is it happening on a brand new r-10 dvr and on both types of tv's? this is why i am questioning this? I want to get to the bottom of things guys, I want to fix this issue. I would have anyone who wants to come over and look at this come. I want it to be fixed. It cannot be the receiver..or the wires and if it is that would be great cause I could just switched those up and have this fixed....but i have tried everything..av cables, s-video, new dvr, old dvr, new hughes receiver downstairs, everything. I have to buy these r-6 cables and put them from the dish right through the front door and into the dvr and see what that does.......question is guys do i have to have 2 wires? cause I will go down to radio shack today and try that....

looks like the ground is not connected

an hsp did this????

BBBBWWWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

you guys have no right saying anything about the MSP

HALSTEAD, APEX, B&A yeah they are REAL pros!!!

Yes that is a jacked up install, but just like the boss said no matter how sloppy the install is, the problems he is having has nothing to do with the installation just like he has been told on all his other posts. This problem is starting after the reciever.

I've had to go clean up installs like this before and they are usually the product of tons of techs going out and getting frustrated and just leaving it.

This problem should have never went this far. We are all looking at this as jpegs but a tech onsite should have identified this instantly and never had a need for all the different techs going out there.

Well my guess would say the problem is the receiver or beyond. After the receiver leaves a connection cable and the TV.

I had a picture like this one time- I freaked out and checked my wiring- I was using a S cable on a Sony T-60/Tivo- one of the prongs were bent in and missed the connection. I straightened the prong and reinserted the connection. No problem- Also, it looks like the ground is not attached or secure. Try securing to a hose bib?:confused:

Scott Greczkowski said:

I am not a Satellite Installer nor do I play one on TV. :D

I wouldn't consider Bob Villa a carpenter either, but, he play's one.

My first guess on the problem would be a problem between the reciever and the TV, however, looking at the install, it could be anything.

Also, Charper, you should black the license plate out.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)