Holy Rant Bill Hunt!!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
After reading elways post I should have said BD's inferior specs since 1.1 is "finished". There is a serious lack of conformity to one standard in the BD standalone market.

You are correct. However, there's no way Disney and Warner (and if they join up, Universal and Paramount) won't put BD Live out their discs. Lionsgate, Fox and Sony will likely do so as well. Paramount left Blu-Ray because they were dissatisfied with the lack of interactivity. Warner made it so clear they wanted PiP that they used the extra capacity of Blu-Ray to burn two copies into T3. Sony and Lionsgate? already released BD-Live discs. It may not be required of hardware manufacturers. (Why resist the chance to double dip? :mad: ) However, studios will not hesitate to deploy it.

I agree. I just expect to see cheaper 1.1 units at Christmas while 2.0 keep a little higher price. Probably change next year.
May even see the budget brand companies only go for 1.1 for awhile to offer a cheaper version. I agree with this strategy.

Lets face it, 3/4 of a gig of ram more and an ethernet port(2.0) are not important to the majority.

There's a thread on blu-ray.com that asked about mkaing 2.0 the "final standard". I agree with this approach, but Im sure every BD player is going to end up with 2.0 support anyways.

Sony does the same thing you're blaming Toshiba of doing.. BETAMAX was supported for god knows how long.. those stupid minidiscs surived for ages.. again thanks to sony.. look at the absolutely rediculous UMD format.. sony is destined to continue that even though going with a cartridge or memory stick option would have been a far better call..

just remember the old phase "that's like the pot calling the kettle black"

Sony doing stupid things did not affect the rest of the industry. They did not make songs mini disc exclusives and you could not buy them on CD. They did not make UMD exclusives, etc. The format war is keeping content tied up at the moment. Hence the passions.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)