Hoodwinked Too in 3D???

old corps

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Jan 13, 2005
Mid-Michigan
When I click on my DVR two versions of Hoodwinked Too are shown, one of which says 3D (under What's Hot). Anyone know if this is for real or is it just a screw-up which is what I'm guessing.;) I have a 722 & a 722K.
Yes, I have a 3D capable TV as well as the glasses. I've just about given up on Dish ever adding any 3D although I know it's been available as VOD for the 922. Maybe that's what this is meant for? I've tried to view the trailer for the 3D version to no avail.

Ed

Well the 722k is supposed to be 3d enabled, but last reported about a month or two ago, I think it was Matt (with Dish IRT) that stated its active but that dish hadn't released any content that's 722k/3d compatible. ... the guess is that they have to do something "different" to the movie VOD to make it 722k rather than 922 compatible.

you can try the 3d and its supposed to have you test the 3d ability beforehand.. not sure what all that is, have never tried it myself (and don't have 3d enabled set)

Do you think there is any chance we will see any 3d channels (not VOD) on dish this year? I have a 722 but would upgrade if there was 3d content available.

Really!?:eek:

Just saw this, of course now I see it listed nowhere on my guide--just the 2D version. :rolleyes: If this is, in fact, available in 3D on my 722K do you know when/if it will show up again?

Thanks Zach!

Ed
I am double checking on this seems to be some conflicting issues in the VOD reports. I should hopefully have an answer today.

I am double checking on this seems to be some conflicting issues in the VOD reports. I should hopefully have an answer today.

Thanks Zach. I asked Matt yesterday and he was gonna check on it as well. As opposed to last week, only the 2D version shows up now. I'm thinking it was a screw-up & meant for the 922. Let me know if you find anything out.

Ed

3D version isn't on the 722k just the 2D. I just went thru the listings. I personally hope 3D dies again until a working version comes out that doesn't need the stupid glasses.

3D looks outstanding on my Mits 73" DLP with the stupid glasses, lol.:rolleyes::)

Ed

Thanks Zach. I asked Matt yesterday and he was gonna check on it as well. As opposed to last week, only the 2D version shows up now. I'm thinking it was a screw-up & meant for the 922. Let me know if you find anything out.

Ed
That is what I am thinking as well. It is no longer on the report. Looks like it was a typo.

Looks like it did not make it again ! - 3 D.

A couple of the technical forums are already saying it is a flop for now. We got closeout pricing on 3D units from Mits and LG on our order last week, and free Micky mouse glasses - plus an extra set free. Seems like the writing is on the wall ?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)