Hopper 3 Available Jan. 30th

I don't think so. I believe you have to have the access point for the WJ. You can hook up a regular Joey this way though.

Ok I noticed that the wireless joey had an ethernet port on the back and was wondering what it is for. I have a few rooms that are wired with cat6 and thought that the performance would be better by going wired and other times using it in wireless mode in my garage. I read earlier that the wireless joey/AP is 802.11ac so it should have good range and performance.

Ok I noticed that the wireless joey had an ethernet port on the back and was wondering what it is for. I have a few rooms that are wired with cat6 and thought that the performance would be better by going wired and other times using it in wireless mode in my garage. I read earlier that the wireless joey/AP is 802.11ac so it should have good range and performance.
You could just get a regular Joey and a USB wireless adapter. I had a Joey setup that way for a while. Dish will not install them this way for you though. You'd be on your own as they would run cables to al rooms.

You are basically paying for the wireless access point. The Wireless Joey is free. You can actually get three wireless Joeys for one wireless access point.
How much is the charge for the wireless Joey access point?? I've heard $50 and now $25?
Also, has anyone had a wireless Joey installed with an H3? Would like to hear from them especially if there were problems.

How much is the charge for the wireless Joey access point?? I've heard $50 and now $25?
Also, has anyone had a wireless Joey installed with an H3? Would like to hear from them especially if there were problems.
I hope to tell you later this afternoon. I'm getting my install in about 1/2 hour.

They were always $50 but I'm not sure if that fee has dropped.

I just installed my system and have an existing Wireless Joey connected. I wasn't able to see if it was working because I had to get back to work. I'll know after work.

They were always $50 but I'm not sure if that fee has dropped.

I just installed my system and have an existing Wireless Joey connected. I wasn't able to see if it was working because I had to get back to work. I'll know after work.
I just heard back from DIRT and the one time fee is $50.
I still think I will wait a little to see how everyone does so please talk about how everything works on your system.

I just heard back from DIRT and the one time fee is $50.
I still think I will wait a little to see how everyone does so please talk about how everything works on your system.

I'm sure I'll be posting some of my thoughts tonight.

I got the install this afternoon. I had to go to the caucus so didn't get back here until after them. The install went well. I takes a lot of time to download software. It seems like it has to do it at least two different times. The Wireless Joey also took a while to get set up. Overall, it just takes patience.

I was told that the charge would be $25. I'm not sure if that is actually what I will be charged. I don't see a way to look at current charges on my Dish bill and they did not make a one-time charge to my credit card.

Any thoughts yet Scherm

Yes! When I got home from work
I finished the install of my Joeys. I just had to finish the remote setups. I had to wait until my wife and son were done watching the Hopper 3 before I could work on the Wireless Joey.

When I went to check on the WJ it was not displaying anything. TV showed no input. I went to the Access Point and hit the WPS button on the front. I'm not sure if I needed to or not but that's what I did. I then went to the WJ and held the button in to reset it. It then rebooted and popped up on screen. I didn't have to do anything and it had the new UI on it.

Easy peasy, lemon squeasy. Or something like that.

I finished the install of my Joeys. I just had to finish the remote setups. I had to wait until my wife and son were done watching the Hopper 3 before I could work on the Wireless Joey.

When I went to check on the WJ it was not displaying anything. TV showed no input. I went to the Access Point and hit the WPS button on the front. I'm not sure if I needed to or not but that's what I did. I then went to the WJ and held the button in to reset it. It then rebooted and popped up on screen. I didn't have to do anything and it had the new UI on it.

Is the wireless joey as fast as the new 4k joey?

Is the wireless joey as fast as the new 4k joey?

I don't have any experience with the 4k Joey. I've had the Wireless Joey for a while now and it's just as fast as the Hopper. The Joey 2 receivers seem to be just as fast too. No more issues with being slow on any of my TVs anymore.

Reactions: CoreyIllini
I don't have any experience with the 4k Joey. I've had the Wireless Joey for a while now and it's just as fast as the Hopper. The Joey 2 receivers seem to be just as fast too. No more issues with being slow on any of my TVs anymore.
Good to hear. I have all joey 1.o and painfully slow. Can't wait to upgrade

Good to hear. I have all joey 1.o and painfully slow. Can't wait to upgrade

The Joey 1 was very bad. I only had one and it was in my kitchen. I rarely changed channels there so it was bearable but it was still crappy. The new one is much better.

The Joey 1 was very bad. I only had one and it was in my kitchen. I rarely changed channels there so it was bearable but it was still crappy. The new one is much better.
Perfect. Just got scheduled for tomorrow. 1xhw3, 2 x 4k joey, 2 x joey 2.o, 1 x wireless. They fixed the bug on those with RVs. Thanks LSU for heads up.

Reactions: stardust3

Good to hear - I just ordered an H3 plus two wireless Joey's so I'm committed for another 2 years with Dish. But since I have been a customer since 2000 there is little chance I will be leaving them anytime soon.
This is off topic, but did you do the "caucus" thing? Sounds interesting but here in CA we don't have anything like that and don't vote until June really low turnout here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)