SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Mar 14, 2008
Eastern Iowa
It's finally official!!!!

EDIT FROM SCOTT - It's CONFIRMED! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone that currently has a Hopper 3 should be able to call tomorrow and have Dish activate it for you.

The Hopper 3 and Joey 2 will both ship with the new 52.0 remote. The 4k Joey will ship with the 40.0 remote.

Dish is saying that the Joey 1 will not be allowed in Hopper 3 installations. I am not certain if you are ok with a Joey 1 if you install it yourself though.

I will wait to become a dish customer as soon as I can order and see it on dish.com I guess.
I wish there was a local retailer in my area. Oh well.

Remember that I said that tomorrow was going to be a good day :)

You were right. I'm a little surprised since retailers were suppose to get the equipment 3 days before launch. I have yet to get my equipment. I have a feeling that they weren't exactly sure what say they were actually going to release it.

Here's a helpful hint

If you want a 4k Joey but don't have a second 4k TV in the house make sure that you still tell the CSR that you have two 4k TVs. This will make sure that they get you what you want without issues. Just remember there is a $50 fee for the 4k Joey.

According to the release Netflix, Sports Bar Mode and YouTube will not be available at launch. These features will be available in coming months. Sorry, but I don't have any other details as to when.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)