Hopper 3 Available Jan. 30th

So do the techs get our old receivers or do we mail them back to Dish ?

Dont know the answer now. I was told before you keep the receiver and send it back within 30 days that way you can use Ethernet to transfer your recordings from the old Hopper. But since that feature isn't working at the moment maybe they want them back quicker. :)

How are people getting the $100 Visa card? I tried and they said no. Only $25. I trying to switch back to Dish.
Use promo code 3H when ordering. This will give you the 3 year price lock and a $100 card. This is for new or returning customers only. Won't work for an upgrade. Don't forget to specify you want a Hopper 3.

Reactions: mackie99
If you dont get it today call back on Monday. Its a system issue and IT is working on it.

After all you waited this long. :D

Yes, if you are one that we cannot process, we are reporting the issues, and I would ask that you try again Monday or Tuesday. Continuing to contact us multiple times via chat, pm, phone, etc, they all are going to get the same message. Believe me we want to get you upgraded. We will eventually get the problems worked out, so I ask for a little patience as we get to that point.

Dont know the answer now. I was told before you keep the receiver and send it back within 30 days that way you can use Ethernet to transfer your recordings from the old Hopper. But since that feature isn't working at the moment maybe they want them back quicker. :)
I've moved all the recordings I can to an EHD so I'm good to go on that. A few shows from last nights ptat can't be transferred but all that I care about I can get via one or the other streaming services.
I'm more concerned about the remote. My current remote has a backup of the receiver and I want to use it to restore. But that can't happen until things get populated. Hopefully I can talk the tech into letting me keep this one.

Sent from my iPad Pro using Tapatalk

Use promo code 3H when ordering. This will give you the 3 year price lock and a $100 card. This is for new or returning customers only. Won't work for an upgrade. Don't forget to specify you want a Hopper 3.

You can actually get a $200 giftcard if you are new customer but I don't want to post the link so that I get into trouble:)

I'm more concerned about the remote. My current remote has a backup of the receiver and I want to use it to restore. But that can't happen until things get populated. Hopefully I can talk the tech into letting me keep this one.

I don't believe they take the remote... the Remote Control is normally the dirtiest thing in your house and I am sure no one wants a used remote. :D

Reactions: bmetelsky
I have already backed everything up so I guess that it might save me a trip down to UPS store if they do want to keep my receivers after the install

Yeah, well I can assure you I'm not paying that. $100 Yes, not $110
And certainly not $210 lol.
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Sounds like you are a Plan B customer. $150 for the Hopper 3 upgrade and $50 for the 4k Joey.

What makes somebody a Plan B customer vs Plan A ?

I can't say because I don't know. Nobody knows. Dish has some kind of formula for determining how a customer is rated. Has to do with how long you've been a customer, level of programming, late payments, whether you are currently getting any discounts and various other things. Dish also changes the criteria for this throughout the year too so we never know.

I asked if the tech takes back my old equipment or do I ship it? Was told he would take old equipment. I am sure they would let you ship it. BUT then that cost would be yours.

I was gone fishing for a few hours and finally got caught back up on here. It seems people are starting to get a little carried away with their impatience. You should all know that this is common on the first day of release with a major new product like this. Similar things happened when the Hopper first came out.

I't important to stay calm and be patient. Not everyone is going to get installed today or even tomorrow. Not everyone is going to get a free upgrade either. I know some may have gotten it for free but it won't be the same for everyone. I'm sorry if you don't feel it's fair but not everyone's accounts are the same.

I asked if the tech takes back my old equipment or do I ship it? Was told he would take old equipment. I am sure they would let you ship it. BUT then that cost would be yours.

Usually if a customer upgrades equipment the shipping is paid by Dish. I believe the only time they charge a shipping fee is when you swap out a bad receiver and you don't have the protection plan. They charge $15 to ship.

Get mine tomorrow! :)

I't important to stay calm and be patient. Not everyone is going to get installed today or even tomorrow. Not everyone is going to get a free upgrade either. I some may have gotten it for free but it won't be the same for everyone. I'm sorry if you don't feel it's fair but not everyone's accounts are the same.[/QUOTE]

Reactions: Scott Greczkowski
I was gone fishing for a few hours and finally got caught back up on here. It seems people are starting to get a little carried away with their impatience. You should all know that this is common on the first day of release with a major new product like this. Similar things happened when the Hopper first came out.

I't important to stay calm and be patient. Not everyone is going to get installed today or even tomorrow. Not everyone is going to get a free upgrade either. I some may have gotten it for free but it won't be the same for everyone. I'm sorry if you don't feel it's fair but not everyone's accounts are the same.

Definitely agree. Its a new release, and so many people are rushing to get it and it is probably putting a strain on DISH's infrastructure.

BUT, I am very excited and just want to get my upgrade set up haha! Been messaging with Mike, but still waiting (patiently of course). Thanks to DIRT for helping out.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts