Hopper 3 Feature Sheet

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Who is this document intended for ? Doesn't seem like it's for users with the inclusion of things like:
  • Upgraded embedded TSIO securit
  • Targeted advertising via INVIDI
  • Viewer measurement
  • Set-top-box health reporting
  • Temperature management
Is Echostar offering this (in the future) to other satellite TV companies ?

They don't call the 4 or 6-window "sports bar mode" either, instead, "Customizable video mosaic screen shows selected live channels".

What is "Up to 9-day Picture-in-Guide with optional widescreen electronic program guide (EPG)", specifically the optional widescreen EPG part ?

Lastly, for the home media server, is officially supporting MKV new ? It's hit or miss, mostly miss, with the Hopper w/Sling, in my experience.
It is a sheet produced by Echostar, not Dish. The sheet is for any MSO or satellite services who wants the Hopper 3 tech STB's and whole home DVR's on their systems. There is some customization of the interface to meet the desires of possible clients. Echostar also can include Sling tech on the STB's of a client wants it. This is not a sheet for consumers, but it does have good info for us SatGuys members, and I appreciate Scott posting it. I find any sheet like this for consumer or business to business always of interest.

Reactions: navychop
I noticed in the feature sheet it says "Faster channel change". Is changing channels really that much faster on Hopper 3?

If it is any faster, its not by a noticeable margin. The box overall is much faster for navigation, guides,menus, etc...but channel changing speed has not appreciably changed.

Reactions: Lt Disher
If it is any faster, its not by a noticeable margin. The box overall is much faster for navigation, guides,menus, etc...but channel changing speed has not appreciably changed.
I think (but am not sure) that the channel changing is actually done in the Hybrid LNB and not on the receiver itself. When my Hopper 2 was hooked up the Hybrid LNB the channel changing speed was the same.

I have a question about the guide. At the present I have a VIP622 and on certain stations they have shows that start at :15 and :45 but I'm only able to see one of the shows on the guide in that 30 minute span. Example: Cartoon Network with Adult Swim they have a show that starts at 2am then the next at 2:15 but all I can see and tune to is the show at 2:15 so if I want to set a timer or auto tune to watch the 2am show I have to select the 2:15 show and set the timer to start 15min early.
On the H3 does it show both shows and can you select each individual show?
Also will I need a new dish and how many cables does just the H3 need?
Thanks

I have a question about dishanywhere and the H3. Does it take over one of the turners - which one? I currently have a 722k and dishanywhere take over the the 2nd tuner.

I have a question about dishanywhere and the H3. Does it take over one of the turners - which one? I currently have a 722k and dishanywhere take over the the 2nd tuner.

It will use one tuner. It doesn't matter which one it uses since they are not dedicated to any TVs.

Does the Bluetooth audio still lag the tv in the Hopper 3?
I paired my headset to the H3 last night and yes there is lag. At first I thought it was behind the TV but then I could swear it was ahead.... I wish there was a way to adjust it to get it in sync. I am going to try a 4K Joey tonight.

On the Hoppers, including the 1 and 2 models, there are no longer TV1 or TV2 type designations that you're used to. As mentioned by Scherrman, the Hopper 3 is no different than previous Hoppers in this regard.

I too have an OTA antenna, which I put in the attic. Because all of the TV stations are in the same vicinity of each other I can just leave it and get around 40 stations. I hook it up both ways, through the Hopper and straight. when I go through the hopper I get the EPG on most of the station, and some of the .1.2.3 stations that are not even offered by dish.

I wish they would fix the option where you could manually add a station, but it looks like that will never happen.

Anyway, the reason I do it is like another poster said, living in Tornado Alley you really need OTA should Dish go out, and you can also get your locals when Dish gets into a dispute with the local stations and drops them, which happened during football season one year. Had it not been for the OTA, I would have been irate, as it was I was only annoyed.
Yep, I hear ya on Tornado Alley, get a few in my area too. I have my OTA antenna in the attic too. I don't have it bolted down so I can adjust it if needed. It is right by the attic access hatch so I don't have to go in the attic.
OTA Antenna.JPG

May be all that he needs. The Dayton OH market is 100% UHF. I also can pick up Cincinnati's locals, but some of them are VHF, so I don't get them with my UHF-only antenna. They're just duplicates of the Dayton stations anyway so I don't care....

May be all that he needs. The Dayton OH market is 100% UHF. I also can pick up Cincinnati's locals, but some of them are VHF, so I don't get them with my UHF-only antenna. They're just duplicates of the Dayton stations anyway so I don't care....

That makes sense. When the digital transition was just getting started my local channels all went to UHF and we sold a bunch of those antennas. When the transition was final there were two channels that went back to their original VHF spot.

The thought has occurred to me a couple of times of replacing my antenna in order to get those VHF stations but I've never done anything about it... If I'm not mistaken, the only channel I don't get is 5.1, the NBC affiliate. Dayton has an NBC station so unless I wanted Cincinnati news, which I don't, I'm not missing anything.

Maybe I missed this in an earlier discussion, but is there an owner's manual for the H3? Maybe an online one? Something more than than a few pages of menu illustrations.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, having satellite with OTA is the best setup you have have. In my area we have lot's of customers with antennas and a lot of our Dish customers have it integrated. We sold a lot of antennas this way, especially any time there was a contract dispute with a local channel. Customers loved the fact that they don't have to switch inputs to watch OTA channels and that they can record programs on the multi-channels you can only get OTA.

If a retailer isn't pushing antennas then they are missing out on easy money.

Not worth much without the guide! Dish could leave the OTA guide intact during disputes.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts