Hopper 3 H301 Software

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
H301 software removed the DVR icon from the home selection.
Thanks. So it wasn't just the Wally then. I guess you all can blame me for that icon being removed. Quite awhile back, there was a survey about what should be included on the Home screen. I replied that I didn't need the DVR content there, since I could just press the DVR button on the remote if I wanted to see my recordings. Still, since I am used to only not seeing the DVR icon in the menu if I am on a non-DVR receiver, it is a little bit concerning to see that icon suddenly disappear without any warning, from a receiver that is actually supposed to be (and actually is) a DVR.

The major update for this software release is that Amazon Prime will be available on Hopper 2’s. Additional changes that are included are: fixes for increases in 1303 popup, voice over YouTube support, and a new menu icon arrangement.
I suppose the same rule applies to Joeys, so that a Joey 3 or a 4K Joey connected to a Hopper 2 will now also have Amazon Prime. (Previously, it only worked on those Joey models when they are connected to a Hopper 3.) Amazon Prime on Hopper Duo can't be far behind now! Come on Dish, you can do it! (Actually, I no longer have a Hopper Duo now, so I don't really care either way anymore.)

Reactions: TheKrell and HipKat
The latest Hopper3 software must be a controlled release. I have tried to update my two Hopper3 receivers but I receive the message “Your receiver already has the latest software installed. SWID U942”
Perhaps they are doing a limited release to test for problems.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

The latest Hopper3 software must be a controlled release. I have tried to update my two Hopper3 receivers but I receive the message “Your receiver already has the latest software installed. SWID U942”

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys
Same thing for me too. Never happened before.

The same thing happened to me on my Hopper Duo back when U942 was released for Hopper 3. I kept checking for updates, but there were none, apparently. Normally, Dish updates the software on all of the Hopper models at once. However, nobody else reported seeing any new versions here, either. So, that led me to believe that the previous update was a Hopper 3 only release.

On the other hand, I saw the same thing happen last year with a Wally release. My sister got U815 on her Wally. However, no matter how many times I tried to update any of my Wally, I could never get past U814, until U822 was finally released.