Hopper 4

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Not to mention GUIDE DATA for those subchannels as well
At this point, I would settle for just the guide data. Instead, Dish seems to be going in the opposite direction, with guide data continuing to disappear from primary OTA channels, even though Dish carries those channels and provides guide data for the satellite-delivered versions.

At this point, I would settle for just the guide data. Instead, Dish seems to be going in the opposite direction, with guide data continuing to disappear from primary OTA channels, even though Dish carries those channels and provides guide data for the satellite-delivered versions.
Exactly. It's as simple as a link between the satellite channel guide data and the ota one.

Sent from my SM-G950U using the SatelliteGuys app!

Exactly. It's as simple as a link between the satellite channel guide data and the ota one.
Okay, here is a weird one. On my ViP222k, 061-01 WQHS just says "Digital Service" in spite of the fact that Dish carries this channel on 061-00 with the proper guide data. However, my Wally has the proper guide data for 061-01. I scanned the locals into both receivers on the same night, so it is not like the station changed its TSID between the time it was scanned into one receiver and the time it was scanned into the other one. Maybe this is Dish's subtle way of trying to force OTA users with ViP receivers to upgrade to newer equipment.

Also, 017-01 WDLI incorrectly has the guide data for 023-01 ION (WVPX). This is a separate issue, since WDLI was recently re-packed to share WVPX's frequency, and the Dish software incorrectly uses the same TSID for both channels when it is trying to map the guide data from the satellite guide stream.

It's probably going to take awhile for Dish and the program guide publisher to catch up with all the repack changes, especially where there are stations dropping their licenses and moving to another licensees sub-channel.

Last edited:
Reactions: littlecloud319
I just love (acerbically) watching this silly merry-go-round.
Yes, where does it end? Next, the FCC will probably take away the UHF band entirely, and the broadcasters will be forced to switch to whatever comes next after ATSC 3.0, just to be able to fit all of their stations into the VHF band.

I could see everything ending up being done over the internet. I know that makes it harder for rural homes but the government and big corp's are just way to gready for money. Eventually you'll have to pay for tv service with no free option. They can easily say its a "luxury" so it doesn't need to be available at no cost. Of course when it comes to weather safety you could just get a NOAA radio for cheap. If the plans for 5g and low-mid orbit satellites eork out the air space will be too crowded to fit all the "retro" radio waves. Everything will have to run off of the new satellites and will require new equipment. Sacrifices have to be made if people want ease of use. Lets just hope it won't all be ran by one company who can charge whatever they want.

Sent from my SM-G950U using the SatelliteGuys app!

Reactions: pattykay
I would like to see the option of turning off folders, in other words, I would like the option of having shows listed individually in the order recorded and not in folders, its nit picky I know but thats my obsession LOL

Reactions: pattykay

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)