Few more pics

Attachments

• duo3.png
    duo3.png
    20.4 KB · Views: 557
  • duo2.png
    duo2.png
    3 KB · Views: 511
I realize that it will only be available to new subscribers at first, but does anyone know if Hopper Duo will support an external hard drive, to transfer recordings from an existing ViP DVR, when it becomes available to existing subscribers? I would assume so, but I want to make sure.

I realize that it will only be available to new subscribers at first, but does anyone know if Hopper Duo will support an external hard drive, to transfer recordings from an existing ViP DVR, when it becomes available to existing subscribers? I would assume so, but I want to make sure.

I agree...would be strange to leave that functionality out, given it clearly has USB ports on the back.

I agree...would be strange to leave that functionality out, given it clearly has USB ports on the back.
True, but the USB ports could be for the OTA and Bluetooth adapters. And a lack of transfer functionality could explain why it is not available to existing customers. It is just the conspiracy theorist in me talking, I suppose.

No phone connection which means NO caller ID.
That is the one thing my parents hate about the Wally. They have three cordless phones in their house. I told my Dad last night : place you’re cordless phone on your end table where you sit all day and when someone calls you can look at the screen and then answer it or not. Of course he said then the phone would lose its charge. I said Dad just get up and go get the phone ,since it’s right across from you in the same room not 8 ft from you. Talk about lazy. I told him that is probably the only way you would get any exercise is when someone calls.

In another thread, I spoke about replacing my VIP612 with a Hopper Duo. I now see I will have to wait until it's available to existing customers. By as for LNB matter, am I correct in stating I will be able to connect it directly into my DPP LNB hence just basically changing receivers?

In another thread, I spoke about replacing my VIP612 with a Hopper Duo. I now see I will have to wait until it's available to existing customers. By as for LNB matter, am I correct in stating I will be able to connect it directly into my DPP LNB hence just basically changing receivers?
It is likely the same lnb the Wally and all VIP receivers use since we aren’t using more than two sat tuners.

I believe so, yes. Also, my reply in that other thread was wrong, since it looks like a hybrid hub is required in order to add a Joey. Since you would only be using the Hopper Duo on one TV in your case, the hub should not be required, though.

The documentation I've seen shows an "Existing Customer" equipment upgrade fee of $0-25$ for a Hopper Duo. I haven't asked specifically but this fee indicates that the Hopper Duo will be available to existing customers after the 16th as well.

If history is any indication, if you play CSR roulette long enough, existing subs can eventually talk someone into "new customer only" equipment after its released. Sometimes you just have to work your way up the Dish ladder if you want one bad enough, but almost always doable. ;)

Reactions: pattykay and HipKat
Haven't seen anything official, but I assume it does.

Also, didn't notice if it was in the OP, but it does support WiFi Joeys at TV2

Reactions: pattykay
I wonder if this new duo receiver will be released with OUT any bugs or glitches.......?

NO way , never mind it’s DISH. I don’t think I’ve ever owned a brand new series receiver that just comes out on the market ,that doesnt have some bugs. :playball

What electronic device of any significance doesn’t come with bugs? Err- “nuances.”

Even TVs can be updated to fix problems.

Reactions: MikeD-C05
I wonder if this new duo receiver will be released with OUT any bugs or glitches.......?

NO way , never mind it’s DISH. I don’t think I’ve ever owned a brand new series receiver that just comes out on the market ,that doesnt have some bugs. :playball
Really, you don't believe that Dish has anyone testing these and providing feedback to make sure that these glitches get found and fixed? :oldlaugh Sorry, I couldn't get through that with a straight face.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 4)