Hopper & Joey questions?

Roxor

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 15, 2009
Indiana
I have 2 622s for 3 TVs now and I am out of contract. What will I have to do to get the new Hopper and Joey system to have HD on all 3 TVs? Will I need a new dish, cables, Ethernet access to the Hopper, wireless for the Joeys? P.S. If there is already a link for these questions I would appreciate it. :D

Read the Xip 813 thread about the concept and how it works . It uses coax to run to the Joeys in the house , not wireless or by sling. Also watch the CES videos on this site that will explain how it works. It works with existing dish installs for 1000.2 /1000.4 sat dishes.

Correct me if I'm wrong....The hopper does/will support ehd,the joey's won't.

I would add: as long as the EHD was attached to a 622/722/922 series receiver...211k's not so sure.

Pretty sure that 211 ehd's will not work with the hopper.Would be just as it is now there would have to be a re-format.

I want to know if Hopper and Joey have the same awful "Favorites" (Quick Clicks - Green button) functionality that the 922 has, or if they improved it.

Wouldn't it be great if the Hopper used the 622/722/922 EHD and the Joey used the 211/411 EHD... nevermind!

Anyone see that the Blockbuster tile on the hopper indicated Blockbuster @, as in Blockbuster at home and not the BMMP ??

Anyone see that the Blockbuster tile on the hopper indicated Blockbuster @, as in Blockbuster at home and not the BMMP ??
Yes, it was mentioned, either here or in the CES videos...it's just a re-branding.

Is there any reason to get excited about this at this point, or, in the real world of Dish, aren't we looking at a minimum of 6 months or so before these are out and in the field?

Is there any reason to get excited about this at this point, or, in the real world of Dish, aren't we looking at a minimum of 6 months or so before these are out and in the field?
I believe the hardware appears to have already been made in volume. Once they finish up the software, it should be ready to go.

Guesses were being made for April, but it sounds like people with more info feel it could be a lot sooner than that.

(Of course i'll only be excited when i know that the price is truly aggressive and not just a maze of fees that jack up all our rates.)

I'm thinking March or April. I've heard as early as February which I could see going with the new promotion that starts Feb. 1st. I think Feb. is too soon though. I'll have a better idea after Thursday morning.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)