Hopper Plus / Joey 4 users check in here!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
It's a very strange issue. For some reason there is just a few TVs and Joey 4s that are cranky in the daily initial startups and puts out a black screen. Must be something going on with the nightly updates that upsets things. Once you do the first pull the cord reboot she starts up fine the rest of the day.
Both TVs that I swapped WJ4s fired up this morning. The WJ4 that has been giving me issues after it fired up then had black screen issue. Changing channels got her going. Swapped both WJ4s back to their original positions. Installed the CEC Less adapter but it doesn’t work. Both TV and WJ4 come on together and also go off together. So it appears CEC is controlled thru Google and not the CEC settings in the Joey or TV, unless the CEC Less adapter is defective. I think I am going to call DISH and have technician replace my WJ4 again. Maybe third time is the charm. Will see how goes it next several daily initial startups. Left the CEC Less adapter installed.

Both TVs that I swapped WJ4s fired up this morning. The WJ4 that has been giving me issues after it fired up then had black screen issue. Changing channels got her going. Swapped both WJ4s back to their original positions. Installed the CEC Less adapter but it doesn’t work. Both TV and WJ4 come on together and also go off together. So it appears CEC is controlled thru Google and not the CEC settings in the Joey or TV, unless the CEC Less adapter is defective. I think I am going to call DISH and have technician replace my WJ4 again. Maybe third time is the charm. Will see how goes it next several daily initial startups. Left the CEC Less adapter installed.
Just curious, what do you have screen saver set to on the WJ4 under device preferences? If you have it set to "Turn screen off" Try changing it to one of the other 2 options. Also try putting your settings like this...
1674136810731.jpeg
1674136862688.jpeg

Reactions: charlesrshell
Just curious, what do you have screen saver set to on the WJ4 under device preferences? If you have it set to "Turn screen off" Try changing it to one of the other 2 options. Also try putting your settings like this...View attachment 160363View attachment 160364
Screen saver is not set to off. It is the bubble one. When I get home will take a look at those settings. Thanks.

Ok BTW re read the one option. It confuses people, it says "Turn screen off" not "Turn screen saver off". Choosing that option will actually make the screen go black as a screen saver. ;)
Both WJ4s screen saver are set to Backdrop. What's your thoughts on why the CEC Less adapter does not work?

Attachments

• 20230119_093638.jpg
    20230119_093638.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 39
My thoughts are..."that's not the problem." It was more of a cheap trouble shooting step.
Understand, but wonder why it doesn't work. I have the adapter installed but the TV & WJ4 still comes on & shuts down together. The CEC is supposedly blocked by the adapter. Looks like to me Google stuff is controlling CEC somehow. What do you think?

If you programmed your remote to control your TV then your remote is controlling the TV and wireless Joey - not CEC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: HipKat
Maybe the remote is telling each device to turn on, and not relying upon telling just one device and expecting it to use CEC to turn on others.

Reactions: dweber
Again like I mentioned try the Downloader app's browser. I just did it using your criteria and had no issues moving the red circle to each result and selecting it using the arrow keys and select button on the remote. BTW I just installed the app you're using and even though I didn't have any issues it is way too confusing. I think you will enjoy the downloader app more.
View attachment 160362
I don't know-maybe I have a defective H+.First time install was definitely corrupt-everything locked up.Uninstalled and reinstalled.Still couldn't select anything.Tried a yet another browser with similar results.Also I get a black screen when accessing Netflix. The other night Prime had issues playing anything(Roku played Prime and Netflix fine).Last night Prime was ok.
The whole thing reminds me of long ago in the Windows 3.1/DOS days when I would buy PC Gamer magazine because it would come with a cd that had beta/shareware games on it.Then I would spend hours battling trying to get some stupid game to play.Fun times haha.

Reactions: charlesrshell
I don't know-maybe I have a defective H+.First time install was definitely corrupt-everything locked up.Uninstalled and reinstalled.Still couldn't select anything.Tried a yet another browser with similar results.Also I get a black screen when accessing Netflix. The other night Prime had issues playing anything(Roku played Prime and Netflix fine).Last night Prime was ok.
The whole thing reminds me of long ago in the Windows 3.1/DOS days when I would buy PC Gamer magazine because it would come with a cd that had beta/shareware games on it.Then I would spend hours battling trying to get some stupid game to play.Fun times haha.
If you’re behind the current software version, 334, you may want to manually update to see if that will fix any issues. Particularly if you’re way behind like 325 or 330

Yesterday I swapped WJ4s back to their original positions. The CEC Less adapter is installed in the problematic Joey and Vizio TV. Both Joeys and TVs worked great. This morning the WJ4 and Vizio TV fired right up, no issues. Hope it keeps up. Side note, all my equipment updated to the newest APK overnight. H+ P11205, J4 P51205, and WJ4 P61205.

Reactions: HipKat
Yesterday I swapped WJ4s back to their original positions. The CEC Less adapter is installed in the problematic Joey and Vizio TV. Both Joeys and TVs worked great. This morning the WJ4 and Vizio TV fired right up, no issues. Hope it keeps up. Side note, all my equipment updated to the newest APK overnight. H+ P11205, J4 P51205, and WJ4 P61205.
Well here we go again. WJ4 and Vizio failed to startup this morning untill a Joey reboot. All my other Joeys are working great. Are you seeing this issue with some of your customers HipKat? If so, what are you doing for them? Are you still having trouble with your Samsung jgags6? The CEC Less adapter doesn't help. Does anyone know of changing any of the Google settings might help?