Hopper S217 Feedback

I do, but if you read my other posts, on my OLD Hopper, I only was 20% full, with PTAT enabled and 8 days full!

Besides, PTAT only takes up about 7%.

And now, according to my wife, it's showing 30% full, with 5 recordings. What???

PTAT takes up ~200GB and 200GB of 1231GB is 16%.

3HaloODST said:
PTAT takes up ~200GB and 200GB of 1231GB is 16%.
My math was WAY off! Whoops.

Ok, now I've offloaded the 5 SD shows to the EHD AND turned off PTAT (though it was empty as its a new DVR). And I still show 358 GB as missing.

HOW??

3HaloODST said:

No. Brand new replacement Hopper. Yesterday immediately after installation, it showed 38% used...with no PTAT or recordings. So I'm heading in the right direction, but I don't know what is using all that space.

It's about 24 hours old. What does that mean?

No clue about the space usage but Hopper needs about 48 hours to get everything sorted out. Maybe it'll go down by tomorrow.

New bug(s) for me tonight - the Olympic "app" downloaded this evening, and when I went to my hopper, noticed the green power light was on, without the Hopper physically being on - was on the new screensaver. Turned it on - when going to playback from DVR, it froze once on black screen after selecting "start over", and after a red button reset to bring it back, the second time going to DVR and selecting "start over" didn't have any effect at all, then after about 10 seconds, the DVR program switched in. Waiting to see if the nightly reset gets things back in line. Everything was great with this box for a while. These latest software updates are concerning me - lots of problems over the last few updates.

Also, I like the functionality of the Olympic "app" but not putting it in the App menu is odd. I'm fine with a shortcut, but if you're going to call it an app, then put it with the apps.

syphix said:
It's down a little this morning: 25% used instead of 30%. At this rate, by next Wednesday I should have all that space back...as long as I don't record anything. :confused::rolleyes:

Getting there...down to 16% used with zero recordings.

Maybe they used the same engineer who did the "time remaining" bar in Windows.

:up Thought the same thing many times.

Separately, my DVR freeze/pause events from last night resolved after the nightly reset. Still, the number of problems over the last few releases compared to prior is really annoying.

Last night's PTAT was the first instance in the two weeks since upgrading where the recordings are hosed. They all look normal on the PTAT screen until you try to 'Start Over' one and it won't play. All four networks, all shows....

My Hopper was in yet another standby freeze state when I got home today!

I had 1 Hopper locked up when I got home yesterday. Had to unplug it to get it working again. Red button reset did not fix it. I never had this problem before.

We also had issues with playing PTAT recordings last night. On our Joey we hit Start Over and just a black screen. I tried a RBR on the hopper and same issue. I havent tried playing those same recordings this morning to see if it is successful after the nightly reset, but I am losing faith in this boxes ability to do the one thing its supposed to do. Who cares about these Apps (Olympic App included) if the recording / playback capabilities aren't reliable?

Joey was still showing linked the whole time and live TV worked, just playback of PTAT was not working.

What the heck?? Now it's gone UP to 17% used. Still with 0 recordings and PTAT disabled.

Seriously, there HAS to be something wrong with this box.

If you are connected to the internet via ethernet the box is pulling down PPVs for channel 501. It's the nature of the beast.....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)