Hopper S217 Feedback

If you are connected to the internet via ethernet the box is pulling down PPVs for channel 501. It's the nature of the beast.....

it only downloads content over you local internet connection when you rent something or use some apps. Beyond that, nothing of any significant size is downloaded without your permission. Even if something is downloaded, it's not in your user partition.

If you are connected to the internet via ethernet the box is pulling down PPVs for channel 501. It's the nature of the beast.....

The channel 1/501 content IS NOT downloaded over the internet. It is pushed down via the sats.

For the first time in months I had a system lock up tonight. Watching live TV and the picture froze with the sound still running, then it froze completely. At S217. I really hope I am not going back to the every couple days freeze ups again.

Found that when it freezes, I can go to DVR and start a recording, cancel to live TV and it's OK again.

The overall performance of my system has been excellent with only an occasional reset required to correct things like missing pictures in PTAT and Recordings folders but there are still 2 annoying problems with my Hoppers. They randomly drop local channels from custom lists and Closed Captioning doesn't work or drops out frequently.

Dish apps on iPhone and iPad not working for me now. It will go through the connecting and starting process just fine. Then it may just go to a black screen, or play great for a few minutes then crap out. Oddly enough, Dish Online works great.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

syphix said:
What the heck?? Now it's gone UP to 17% used. Still with 0 recordings and PTAT disabled.

Seriously, there HAS to be something wrong with this box.

Ok, so now I've settled at 17% used with PTAT off and no recordings. Time to call Dish and complain.

I am quite disappointed in S217. I have had Joey disconnects (which have never happened) and they seem to have purposely messed up PTA, it goes 5 seconds into the break before it skips. I hope they don't start hobbling this damn box. I feel like it is on the way to becoming 'handicapped'. Maybe they will ship me out a blue and white Hopper.

Yes, that is what I meant. I hate when pressures from these damn networks make them do stupid stuff like this. Auto Hop WAS perfect. I wish I could downgrade to S214.

I'm having some stability issues with the hopper and I'm trying to track down if it's due to bridging being on. Of course my wife isn't happy that the Hopper has to be reset but sometimes stuff happens.

syphix said:
Ok, so now I've settled at 17% used with PTAT off and no recordings. Time to call Dish and complain.

Called Dish, they're having engineers look into it. And asked me to enable PTAT to see if my percentage goes up...and it has. It's now at 18%. So that 17% from before is NOT "reserved" space for PTAT. It's an error, either in measurement or hard drive allocation.

GaryPen said:
Another lockup this morning. This time it happened while watching. No way out other than a red-button reboot.

I've lost patience now.

I have to agree. I have been an avid supporter of this new system from day one. I accept the issues that are involved with being an early adopter of a new system. I had zero issues until they released the SW version that allowed Hopper integration. Even then, when the reboots started being a daily occurrence to correct various issues, I thought, these problems will be addressed. Then multiple updates were pushed in just a few days apart. Cool, Dish is working hard to fix these issues. Nope. Instead of the major issues folks are having, we get an Olympic app. Gee thanks. I'm still having to reboot my Hoppers every day. Now I can't use the Sling apps. My down stairs Hopper jumped to the acquiring signal screen while watching NASCAR today. It would go from live TV to the acquiring signal screen about every 2-3 seconds, but it never actually rebooted. I must say, I am ready to get rid of these things and go back to the 722Ks. Great. As I type this, my wife just told me the Olympic app just crashed on our master bedroom Joey.

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys

Issue that was fixed (or maybe not) is back again: incorrect/stuck guide data. If I switch channels on the hopper, and go back into the guide or use the right arrow to see what's coming up, it stays on a previous channel's info. No way to fix unless that tuner releases or I change channels on that specific tuner, aside from a reset. If I switch tuners and go into a PTAT channel or switch channels, guide data gets stuck on the new tuner's old data. This is a really annoying bug.

Annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd another lockup yesterday evening while in standby.

Hey Scott - Any word on how soon 218 is coming down the pike? Or, will we be stuck with this at least until the Olympics is over because of that oh-so-useful Olympics app?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts