Hopper S217 Feedback

Mentioned this on the other update threads but I'll put it here as well in case someone actually reads this that can get it fixed. My programs transferred from my 622 to an EHD to my Hopper do not work. All channels have been subscribed to all along and I'm pretty sure they are there because all the show information and time etc. is there. They are just stuck in the finished position (slider on the screen) and I can't resume or start over or FF or REW.

hi i went from s 213 to s217 on the hopper and from s265 to s267 on joeys this morning all my eqitment locked had to rest everything and the pandora app is gone from joeys i thought this update was gonna fix tease bugs

Ive come across one or more hicups since the new software s216 and 217...commands are slow joeys dont connect...just various issues...reset makes it work again but I shouldnt have to reset everyday...no issues until the new software...

anyone else???

I never use PTAT but I would assume YES it frees up space.

All I know is that I have PTAT disabled and gained 9% on each Hopper since the update. I calculated it and it's almost exactly an extra 231GB.
I was thinking it would free up space too which is why I was confused when my percentage full didn't change. Guess the shows I deleted didn't take up much space..

Is there a way to see how much space there is on the hard drive other than the percentage full on the DVR screen?

Received 217 this morning, all seems to be running great on both hoppers. Software 216 addressed the issues I was having

The Hopper selection button still disappearing at time from the DVR screen. Hoppers have frozen up about two times today. :(

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys

Strange behavior, my current setup is two Hoppers with Ethernet, not bridged on both and two Joeys on Ethernet only. Was watching HBO on Joey and it went black screen. Went to guide and changed channel but stayed black screen and the Hopper it was linked to switched to that channel and it now will not change to any other channel.

When I had one Hopper bridged and other unplugged from Ethernet, operation was flawless. Hoppers seem to not like having a MoCA partner to talk to.

Went from 213 to 217 this morning. I noticed that you can delete PTA recordings now, but does it free up space? I deleted a lot of shows and the percentage full didn't change.

The PTAT partition is separate from the user partition. My assumption is the avail space shown may only be showing the user partition, hence when you delete shows from the PTAT side, it may not show up as extra space.

I was thinking it would free up space too which is why I was confused when my percentage full didn't change. Guess the shows I deleted didn't take up much space..

Is there a way to see how much space there is on the hard drive other than the percentage full on the DVR screen?

Yes. MENU - Recordings Transfer. It will state how much space in total is available (1231GB as of S215+) and how much space is free.

The PTAT partition is separate from the user partition. My assumption is the avail space shown may only be showing the user partition, hence when you delete shows from the PTAT side, it may not show up as extra space.

As of S215 and on PTAT and user recordings share the same space now. PTAT uses ~200GB at most out of the 1231GB total that is now available to the user (up from 1000GB in previous software versions.)

Looks like with 217 on hoppers and I think 268 on Joeys, having some comm issues with hoppers and Joeys, I have tried with moca and with Ethernet for the internet comm...and also have tried with bridging and without. I have on Joey working and two hopper working but one of the Joeys won't connect...I have yet to try the old way of doing the reset of the joey's but will try that soon. Also still no other hopper or drop down menu. I have a tech coming out Monday morning to see what they can come up with. Hopefully we can get this all worked out.

As of S215 and on PTAT and user recordings share the same space now. PTAT uses ~200GB at most out of the 1231GB total that is now available to the user (up from 1000GB in previous software versions.)

Missed that had changed, thanks 3Halo. I stand corrected. I'm kind of amazed they implemented that without messing up everyone's recording partitions.

Separately, just ran into a bug: Reset my network, and went into the Network Settings>Broadband to check the connection came back properly. Going back to Live TV, picture was Tuner #1, while sound was Tuner #2. Prior, I was watching Tuner #2. Changing channels changed audio, but picture was stuck on Tuner #1. Fix was to go back to Tuner #1 via red button menu, but it took several tries to get it to take properly.

Separately, just ran into a bug: Reset my network, and went into the Network Settings>Broadband to check the connection came back properly. Going back to Live TV, picture was Tuner #1, while sound was Tuner #2. Prior, I was watching Tuner #2. Changing channels changed audio, but picture was stuck on Tuner #1. Fix was to go back to Tuner #1 via red button menu, but it took several tries to get it to take properly.

I had that happen once during the one day that I had S216. Same scenario as yours, ended up with local NBC audio and ESPN video. I turned the box off and on and changed channels, things ahve been OK since.

Icon display after pushing DVR button is s-l-o-w. All menus are slow (Guide, DVR etc.). Changed my display from 1080i/1080p to 720p & pointer on screen bounced crazily between resolution selections without me pushing any buttons. Waited it out (about 2 minutes) & it finally stopped & I could use my remote again.

S217 here with S268 on Joey. Last night the Joey was powered on to watch the news at 11pm and nothing but a black screen (could get to the guide but nothing but black screen when exiting out). That went to a 1330 Searching for Hopper and it took a power brick reset of the Joey to get it to link up and show TV. This morning I powered on the Joey to watch CBS Sunday Morning and it was freezing every minute or so for about 10 seconds, then play for a minute, then freeze again. My wife who was down at the Hopper location came up and stated that the Hopper was freezing the same way as well.

The Hopper is the only network connection for the solution and I had bridging enabled. I disabled bridging and after a long time on the "Hopper is configuring the network to provide Joeys with internet" screen (much longer then it took to enable bridging) the screen went black with the tiny picture in the top left again. I had to change the HD format to get it back to full screen.

I am about to RBR the Hopper but so far I am NOT impressed with the Dish loads lately. I have one of the simplest setups with home run cables to the node at both of my locations so there is no internal network with splitters that could be causing issues with the MoCA network. This should just work and work well so in my mind the only variable is the software being pushed.

Edit: I had been wondering why my TV input button would not work on the remote anymore when I tried a few days ago (I had forgot about Limited Mode) but when using the menu in another thread here to set the volume buttons to control the AUX mode, I saw the Limited Mode menu which was enabled. I don't know what load it was, but one of them turned Limited Mode back on (I had turned it off when I first got installed).

Last edited:
I finally got 217 this morning. I re-enabled the bridge and so far so good. I could finally delete three recordings that had a error code 5 on . I could delete PTAT recordings that I wanted to. I only wish that I had a second hopper to be able to test watching shows from one hopper to the next.

Watching a movie while the Hopper recorded another, and it locked up. Hard. Had to reboot. First time in 48 hours. But really, that's not saying much... :(

Yes. MENU - Recordings Transfer. It will state how much space in total is available (1231GB as of S215+) and how much space is free.

On Saturday , I went from s213 to s217, things are working Ok. I did gained the 231 GB but when I deleted some of my shows( 5 hours of HD) and some off the PTAT(6 hours of HD) but the percentage on top of the my recordings and transfer gigs did not change.

I there a way to force an update the percentage after you delete from the hard drive? I want keep a close eye my storage.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)