Hopper S229 / S230 Feedback!

I can see SOME of my timers via DOL, DRA and the Dish iPhone app but not all of them. Today with S230 it's 6 out of 12 but that number seems to vary. Sometimes no timers, some times 10 of 12. Refreshing doesn't help. I even created a timer via DOL as some said this fixes the timer reporting but it did not help for me. DOL failed to even show the new timer. DRA and the iPhone app failed to delete it. The Hopper was able to delete it.

So the remote timer interface is still terribly broken.

Not for me, all my stuff shows up on all my devices with S230. Try clearing the cache/cookies on your browser, try another browser, try refreshing the browser multiple times.

It seems to me that since S230 downloaded, DRA works again for listing the Timers and Recording on the Hopper. DRA hasn't worked with Timers since the Hopper installation.

That's good news. I'm waiting for the update to enable OTA, but the timers issue is a deal breaker if it doesn't work, and currently, it doesn't work. Still on S222.

oryan_dunn said:
That's good news. I'm waiting for the update to enable OTA, but the timers issue is a deal breaker if it doesn't work, and currently, it doesn't work. Still on S222.

I just set a manual timer using DRA for iPhone. It said that it failed to set the timer on the app but it is showing in my daily schedule. Promising? :D S230 here

Sent from my Phone using SatelliteGuys

Another observation of S230 is when deleting recordings, instead of refreshing and placing the cursor at the top of the list, the icons are refreshed but the list stays in the same place.

I'm having an intermittent problem, after pausing live TV or recording, the audio sometime takes 3-4 seconds to resume. Never had that on 222. It happens both on a TV connected direct through HDMI from the Hopper as well as on the main TV which routes HDMI through AV receiver. Doesn't do it all the time so it's hard to reproduce.

KRUZNBY said:
All OTA channels are a black screen. Info can show the signal strength etc., but no picture.

Reboot the Hopper. Fixed the one time I had this issue in over a week.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using SatelliteGuys

I'm having an intermittent problem, after pausing live TV or recording, the audio sometime takes 3-4 seconds to resume. Never had that on 222. It happens both on a TV connected direct through HDMI from the Hopper as well as on the main TV which routes HDMI through AV receiver. Doesn't do it all the time so it's hard to reproduce.

That happened to me on 222 and prior. And still :)

I think that 330 may have fixed the caller ID issue for me. I'll see if it still works tommorrow. I got 330 on Tuesday the 20th. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

RJS said:
I think that 330 may have fixed the caller ID issue for me. I'll see if it still works tommorrow. I got 330 on Tuesday the 20th. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

I believe you mean s230 right?

Sent from my phone using SatelliteGuys sweet app

I have 2 Hoppers and 3 Joeys. Got them installed 2 weeks ago today.
One of the Hoppers got the new software the first day it was released. The next day all 3 Joeys got the new software. The other Hopper still hasn't gotten the new version.
I don't mind waiting for the new features on the other Hopper, but it is causing some problems.

Whenever I try to link any of the Joeys to the Hopper that hasn't been upgraded, I can't use any of the tuners. I can watch shows that have been recorded but no live tv.
So now we are stuck with 4 people trying to share 1 hopper. The non upgraded hopper is in the living room, so whenever one of us is in that room we get that hopper all to ourself.

Is this normal for software releases? Or is it just because this software release added so many new things?

Push menu twice and check your Receiver CA number. They do phased rollouts bt I'd. I bet the one that does not have it yet has a higher number.

I have 2 Hoppers with S230 and they both have the same 2 problems with the PTAT folder:
1. If there is more than 1 show in a subfolder and 1 is deleted the entire contents of the PTAT folder disappear and the "No Events to Display" message shows. Leaving PTAT and reentering brings the PTAT contents back.
2. Deleting single show events in the folder sometimes causes rows to appear incomplete. Using the up-down controls fixes this.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)